Sponsored by:

996 X50 wants FVD flash

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Dr.D
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 996 X50 wants FVD flash

Hi everyone. I really want to get the Flash done, just wanted to know what the differences are between the 3 different flash configurations. if any one did get the flash done, what made you decide to pick the configuration you got? I have 2002 X50 with Tubi exhaust and 16/24 Turbos. Thanx...... I posted before but got no responses.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:09 AM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

Have you tried the search function? This has been discussed/argued to the point of ad nauseam. There are so many options right now...who did you get your hybrids from? Do you have a local indy (or dealer) to support your mods? Get a flash to match your hardware....
Old 10-15-2008, 01:34 AM
Dr.D
Advanced

Thanx for the response. I did use the search and thats where the 3 configuration thing came up. I just wanted to know if its mild to mean or track vs. everyday sort of a thing. Looked at the pics of your car, it looks awesome and looks and sounds like it can walk the walk. Thanx again.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:07 AM
adam_
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's funny, but statman hit the nail on the head with his post, and your response ignored it...

Picking a flash is not like tire sizes or suspension spring rates.

Who is doing your work?
What vendor has designed the parts on your car?

Perhaps your short answer is "My tuner is recommending an FVD tune, what should I be looking for?" The answer is "get a tune that works best for the specific mods on your car"

There really isn't much in the way of 'flavors' for a tune- it should optimize engine operation under all conditions. race or street, you control the go fast pedal, the flash does all the rest. But to buy a 'flash' independently of the hardware, and without the express recommendation of all vendors involved is asking for heartache.

A
Old 10-15-2008, 02:28 AM
Dr.D
Advanced

Hi adam. I actually got the turbos done and had the car dropped off last niight but light swith blew. you are right , my tuner recomended the fvd flash. I read some threads and it sounded like you plug it in tell them what u got onn your car and they modify their flash. I was just surprised to get a response from statman cause last time few days went by and no response. I was going to talk to the tuner and i emailed rhonda at fvd.....
Old 10-16-2008, 12:15 AM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

you can't beat fvd for good performance and factory like reliability.

sure you can fine others to tune your car to the ragged edge but you will suffer reliability issues.

Quick Reply: 996 X50 wants FVD flash