Sponsored by:

Car shipping advice needed.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:13 AM
thth
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff91C2T
Just over two weeks. The car sat in seattle waiting for it's ride for the majority of the time. Once it was loaded up in made it to Va (terminal is in Manasas) in 4 days. You can track the car on their website and see excactly where it is (kinda nice).

And you have picked it up from VA to drive to DC?
How you like and grade their service?
I am thinking purchase from SainDiego, and have it ships to Atlanta, Ga.

Thank you.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:29 AM
jeff91C2T
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you do "door to door" the price will be higher (how much I can't say). If you go "terminal to terminal" that will save you significant dollars. The Va terminal was only ~20 miles from DC so it made sense for me to go this way. I figured less people handling the car. The car will go to the terminal regardless if you go terminal to terminal or door to door.

As far as grading their service...I give them a B-. When I dropped the car off the guy inspecting it was dirty, toothless (litteraly), and couldn't write. The "terminal" is not really part of DAS but a transfer point to leave the car for them to arrange an easy pick up. The lot in Seattle was very busy with many cars being shipped.

Car arrived with out any cosmetic issues so I'm satisfied on that side (and I'm pretty particular). Mechanically someone must have yanked to hard on the e-brake and broke a spring. Customer service is also a B- as once they had my money it took a while to get a call back.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:40 AM
thth
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff91C2T
If you do "door to door" the price will be higher (how much I can't say). If you go "terminal to terminal" that will save you significant dollars. The Va terminal was only ~20 miles from DC so it made sense for me to go this way. I figured less people handling the car. The car will go to the terminal regardless if you go terminal to terminal or door to door.

As far as grading their service...I give them a B-. When I dropped the car off the guy inspecting it was dirty, toothless (litteraly), and couldn't write. The "terminal" is not really part of DAS but a transfer point to leave the car for them to arrange an easy pick up. The lot in Seattle was very busy with many cars being shipped.

Car arrived with out any cosmetic issues so I'm satisfied on that side (and I'm pretty particular). Mechanically someone must have yanked to hard on the e-brake and broke a spring. Customer service is also a B- as once they had my money it took a while to get a call back.
They fixed it for you?
Also, did you add the valuation Protects the vehicle with up to $50,000 (physical damage) coverage for $189?
Old 10-02-2008, 03:48 PM
jeff91C2T
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No...they did not fix it for me (still working on that) and yes, I added the insurance coverage.

Quick Reply: Car shipping advice needed.