Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disappointed and giving up for now...

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 07:47 PM
lumpy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should contact ray joseph at RPM sports cars in houston, TX. I am sure he can find you the turbo of your dreams. I purchased a 993 turbo from him a few years ago and it was exactly what I wanted. He asks a fair premium but you won't be disappointed. I am not affiliated or anything like that...just had a smooth transaction. You can do a search on the guy here...haven't read anything negative. Good luck.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:24 PM
Shane D
Pro

Originally Posted by lumpy
You should contact ray joseph at RPM sports cars in houston, TX. I am sure he can find you the turbo of your dreams. I purchased a 993 turbo from him a few years ago and it was exactly what I wanted. He asks a fair premium but you won't be disappointed. I am not affiliated or anything like that...just had a smooth transaction. You can do a search on the guy here...haven't read anything negative. Good luck.
They always seem to have VERY nice, low mile cars but they are really expensive.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:30 PM
mmmmmm
Intermediate

If all else fails, increase your budget. The bottom dollar turbos are usually there for a reason. Unless you get lucky. A few thousands up front can save you many thousands down the road.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:36 PM
ppbskis
Racer

Unfortunatley the " bottom dollar " turbos are setting the price for all turbos. Everone expects Manhiem auction prices no matter the shape , condition of the car. Plus alot of "lookers" have some POS car they would like you to take in trade and I realize now I am better off going to the dealer trading the tt on a new Pcar. Amazing that a new Carrera S with pdk is practically the same performance as a tt.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:12 AM
lightguy
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Now is a good time to be buying.
I would think especially in H town where the double whammy of Ike and the economic problems will lower prices if you can get a loan or pay cash.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:19 AM
Terminator
Track Day

2001 black turbo low mile

http://www.autobase.com/cgi/info.exe?bc=10379066
Old 10-14-2008, 02:47 AM
Duane993
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem is everyone is looking for the absolute lowest price car and not the best value car. So you spend all your time, effort and money tracking down cars in far away places at "killer deal prices". If the deal was so good, someone locally would have bought the car. Stick within a few hours drive of were you live. Do your homework, carfax, PPI etc. There is no rush to buy a 996tt. Wait for the near perfect best value (not cheapest) car comes your way.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:14 AM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

I can't believe the prices for 996TTs. It just boggles the mind that you can get one cheaper than a 993 S in good shape. Some are priced lower than cherry 3.3 turbos. I've been trying to sell all of my Pcars and buy one, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Everytime I get close to selling a car I find some reason not to. When I started this quest I had only 3 and ended up buying another Boxster. I had a 97 a few years ago and sold it when I first started considering a TT. I only bought it because of the color and the hardtop. I surely didn't need the darned thing. I am enjoying it though. Now I have 4 instead of 3 to sell and can't even part with one. For me, looking for a car is one of the best things about having them.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:43 AM
993TTaddict
Rennlist Member

Default $147,000 MSRP Black /Black X50

My car could be a candidate. I looked for over a year before I bought it. 1st Place 2006 Portland Parade Concours in class. NO MODS except floor mats. 30 year PCA member. I am in Colo Spgs. Bruce Larsen 719-332-6968
Old 11-01-2008, 03:28 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Edwin: You've gotten a lot of support and encouragement from the folks on the forum....your car is out there and since you started, you've developed a more cautious and disciplined approach that will eventually find something that will pay off in the long run.....like something like Bruce's car above....there are some wonderful and beautiful examples of pristine cars out there with your name on them.....you can repeatedly read about all the folks who waited for up to a year or more for just that right car....and if you have the funds set aside...it'll happen..truly it will, then you'll be posting bragging pics for all of us to OOOh and Ahhh over.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:32 PM
m32
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by 993TTaddict
My car could be a candidate. I looked for over a year before I bought it. 1st Place 2006 Portland Parade Concours in class. NO MODS except floor mats. 30 year PCA member. I am in Colo Spgs. Bruce Larsen 719-332-6968
Bruce, thanks but I already bought one. I'm sure your's a beauty

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Edwin: You've gotten a lot of support and encouragement from the folks on the forum....your car is out there and since you started, you've developed a more cautious and disciplined approach that will eventually find something that will pay off in the long run.....like something like Bruce's car above....there are some wonderful and beautiful examples of pristine cars out there with your name on them.....you can repeatedly read about all the folks who waited for up to a year or more for just that right car....and if you have the funds set aside...it'll happen..truly it will, then you'll be posting bragging pics for all of us to OOOh and Ahhh over.
Chuck, yo uhave been a constant encourager and supporter of me with all your offers to help. I'm glad to say I bought one about a month ago. I made a thread about here on rennlist titled "Finally!" Thanks again for all your help!

Edwin
Old 11-12-2008, 04:04 PM
DublinOh
Instructor

Have you read the thread..."what's it worth" Sounds like the car you are looking for.

Quick Reply: Disappointed and giving up for now...