Agency Power or GHL exhaust ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by mpclimber
A lighter car is a better performing car.
You can tell a difference in performance after the 20 lb weight reduction?

And what does weight have to do with (the exhaust's) functionality?
Old 09-25-2008, 05:51 PM
mpclimber
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I prefer my car to be lighter wherever possible. In concert with other weight saving measures, it adds up to make a difference. "Adding lightness" is not an earth-shattering concept.
It is a personal preference and a consideration when purchasing an exhaust. My primary interest when purchasing an exhaust is to make the car faster (that is the function I am seeking the exhaust to perform). Less weight aids in that endeavor. That is all I am saying. If you prefer your car to be heavier, so be it.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I prefer my car to be lighter wherever possible.
Do you have carpet in your car? How about a radio?

In concert with other weight saving measures, it adds up to make a difference.
After all the other weight savings, can you tell a difference in performance the 20 lbs makes?

My primary interest when purchasing an exhaust is to make the car faster (that is the function I am seeking the exhaust to perform)
The weight savings the exhaust brings to the table is not going to be evident in any performance measure.

My questions about "functionality" relate to trying to figure out the difference between functionality and performance...."WEIGHT is an issue (and consequently performance and functionality)".
Old 09-25-2008, 07:19 PM
mpclimber
Instructor

OK, you win. When I get home I'll toss a few bricks in the back seat.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mpclimber
OK, you win. When I get home I'll toss a few bricks in the back seat.
And you won't be able to tell any performance difference.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:49 PM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by RDF16
55hp is what they quote for a TT S with the K24s. Who did you get your
ecu/tune from? B&B quotes a peak of 45 for TT and average of 24 across
the band. FVD says about 20+. FYI.

RD
GIAC Stage 2
Old 09-26-2008, 12:09 AM
RDF16
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fred R. C4S
GIAC Stage 2

I had PSS9s on a 94 Speedster and liked them. How do they compare on the
Turbo?

RD
Old 09-26-2008, 09:48 AM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by RDF16
I had PSS9s on a 94 Speedster and liked them. How do they compare on the
Turbo?

RD
You can search the archives for more, but I'll give you a synopsis of my experience. I was an "early adopter" of the X73 suspension, purchasing it from Carnewal when it was first introduced. It dropped the car to the proper height and looked great. However, I found it to be stiff, too stiff for the crappy roads in my area. I got the point where I caught myself flinching at shadows from telphone poles on the road, bracing for the jolt. It felt like someone was striking the top of my head with a mallet. Others have had better results.

After 2 weeks, I converted back to stock. I later purchased the PSS9's and have been VERY satisfied, once they were properly installed and adjusted. At the time I purchased these, the installation instructions from Bilstein left a lot to be desired. It was commonly reported by some that they experienced a "boing" noise while turning slowly. This turned out to be caused by a lack of the rotary thrust washer than should have been reused from the stock front struts. Once I got this corrected, every thing has been fine.

There a now many more coil over options available. But I still think Bilstein provides the best performance / value for someone who is not looking to build the ultimate track weapon. Just don't get too carried away lowering your car.

Cheers,
Old 09-26-2008, 10:21 AM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

To each his own, gents!
(Let every man do whatever the hell he wants with his ride!)
My own 2 cents: for what a new EP costs you can buy the ST, when it breaks buy another, and
when that one breaks, buy a third one, and you are still ahead!!!
Old 09-26-2008, 08:39 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 334 Likes on 231 Posts

True, except it most likely will never break and if it does, it's warrantied against breakage for the original owner for the life of the system...so we will either repair or replace it at no charge.
2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook
Old 09-27-2008, 12:51 AM
DublinOh
Instructor

Go to the Europipe web site...they have more info..flow information...sound level readings...hp and torque gains...videos and sound bites. Their product is very well researched...and made with "old world" craftsmanship. It was the perfect product for me because I have been unhappy with the sound of other exhaust systems. I wanted quiet and performance. My indy was very impressed (although disappointed I didn't purchase the system he sold) with the Europipe. I also understand that cost is a factor...paying too much never feels good. But I felt the value matched the price. I once heard that the right price for a service was one that people were willing to pay and still want to say "thank you". Thanks Steffan
Old 09-27-2008, 01:15 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well said Dublin. I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with Steff also (as well as with other manufacturers)...and found that his product met all my criteria and subsequent to that....all my expectations as well.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:01 AM
rescuelabjake
Intermediate

Default exhaust for 964C4

I (of course) have the Agency Power exhaust system which no one but you mentioned. I've had it for a while now and find the system easy to live with. Nice sound, not too loud, and no hideous drone on the highway. From looking at this thread you can spend some major money and get really impressive, sophisticated exhausts in return that are lightweight and beautiful designs. Comes down to how much you want to spend I suppose. I have been very happy with this exhaust. jaj

Quick Reply: Agency Power or GHL exhaust ?