Sponsored by:

Weird Power Loss Problem after Fill Up .... Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 06:24 AM
TurboMark
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird Power Loss Problem after Fill Up .... Help

I have an 02 TT with manual transmission and about 40K miles. Every time, and i mean every time, i fill up the car with gas, i have an issues with the car missing / severely bucking for a few minutes during acceleration. It is almost like the engine is stopping / missing for a split second and starting again. Not exactly the same but sort of like the car is in limp mode or maybe not getting gas.

No dash lights visible and i am not throwing off any codes.

This has been a recurring problem that happened before and after changed the park plugs, before an after i had an ecu flash, before and after i changed my diverter values.

Again, this ONLY happens after i fill up the car and for a few minutes during acceleration (and i always use premium).

Thanks in Advance.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:40 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

interesting...does it happen if you re-fuel, but do not fill it? That is, it it related to unscrewing the cap vs. filling the tank...Do you get any codes using durametric, PST2 or PIWIS? start here:
link 1
discusses hoses, valves and sensor.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:36 PM
T2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 48 Posts

Mine went in a while back for a similar issue (2003 X50 bone stock though) - turned out to be a check valve in the fuel tank vapor recirc system was getting stuck open as the carbon filter started to disintegrate and a piece of carbon was stuck in the seat of the check valve - fairly easy fix (read inexpensive) from what I recall......maybe start there - mine would run like crap for about 5 minnutes after a fill up then run fine once it got going on the highway.....hope this helps. T2
Old 09-09-2008, 08:47 PM
schred
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

T2,
I always like to read your inputs about issues on your tt, as I assume you must surely hold the record here for the most miles.. When I think about the miles you have logged and the minor amount of problems,, it just makes me smile and realize that I am keeping my tt for a looooong time,, and am going to drive it as much as possible, with no worry of how many miles I put on it,,

Quick Reply: Weird Power Loss Problem after Fill Up .... Help