Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought 996tt and am having some problems..please help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 11:25 PM
DocSlow
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MechanicalEng
I was gonna ask the same... did you get a PPI...??
Unfortrunately not because i had a friend, who works for GIAC, check out the car. Maybe he cleared the code right before he got there so it drove normal. In hind sight, I def should have gotten a PPI....cant change the past but still beleive he is in the wrong!

Sorry, posting from my brother's account.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Acropora
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If it's not silver maybe you want to sell it to me.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:47 PM
adam_
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DocSlow
Unfortrunately not because i had a friend, who works for GIAC, check out the car. Maybe he cleared the code right before he got there so it drove normal. In hind sight, I def should have gotten a PPI....cant change the past but still beleive he is in the wrong!

Sorry, posting from my brother's account.
The presence or clearing a code will not change the way the car runs... there is a defect, it affect how the car runs- it may set a code or may not, you can clear it or leave it..if the problem comes clearing a code will not make it run right.

It is wrong to lie to someone about the condition. He could have said, in all honesty- there was a CEL light and some codes, but it has been fine since we cleared them... or something along those lines.

But people misrepresent all the time, only morons leave their receipts in the glove box when they sell the car...

GL

A
Old 09-10-2008, 05:08 PM
ND01996TT
Track Day

Originally Posted by adam_
The presence or clearing a code will not change the way the car runs... there is a defect, it affect how the car runs- it may set a code or may not, you can clear it or leave it..if the problem comes clearing a code will not make it run right.

It is wrong to lie to someone about the condition. He could have said, in all honesty- there was a CEL light and some codes, but it has been fine since we cleared them... or something along those lines.

But people misrepresent all the time, only morons leave their receipts in the glove box when they sell the car...

GL

A
There is no check engine light and when you clear the knock sensor code the car drives great for a day until the code comes back. then the car retards the timing and drive super slow above 3k rpm.

This guy went out of his way to be shady and try and pull a fast one! The guy was told by his mechanic on several occasions that his car was driving slow as hell and that he need to fix this sensor issue and check the wire leads to it.

PS the guy is a Moron!
Old 09-11-2008, 01:55 PM
adam_
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So the car runs bad, even with the light off, UNTIL you clear the code??? Then it runs fine?

Please verify, this is new to me....

A
Old 09-13-2008, 07:27 PM
ND01996TT
Track Day

Originally Posted by adam_
So the car runs bad, even with the light off, UNTIL you clear the code??? Then it runs fine?

Please verify, this is new to me....

A
I have never gotten a check engine light....car just drive super slow. Above 3k rpm the car is so slow its painful. Then you clear the code and the car runs perfect untill the code is thrown again which usually takes about 1 day. Seemed crazy to me too!

Quick Reply: Just bought 996tt and am having some problems..please help!