Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone familiar with this 02 996 Turbo on Ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 07:37 PM
fluxen
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone familiar with this 02 996 Turbo on Ebay?

Since it's a GIAC stage 4 car with a custom interrior, I figured someone here might know something about this car.

It's for sale in San Francisco with the following info:

2002 Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe for sale. Black on Tan with only 15,000 original miles! 6 speed manual transmission. Approx. 600 Horsepower! Comes with a Comprehensive Warranty good until July 2011 or 60k miles. CA car, no accidents, clean title, CA registration valid until May 2009, Perfect condition inside and out.

Tons of Upgrades and Options including:

*Evo short throw shifter
*K24 Turbo Chargers
*GIAC Stage 4 Upgrades
*Evo Diverter Valve
*Evolution Motorsport Milltek 996TT Performance Exhaust
*Evolution Motorsports 996TT/GT2 Header
*Bilstein PSS9 996TT Coil Over Suspension
*Evo Wastegate Boost kit
*New Continental tires
*Beautiful Exotic Wood Trim Package and Wood Steering Wheel Option
*CD Changer
*Heated Seats
*Bose Sound
*Suede Headliner
*Xenon Headlights
*Full Books, Keys and Service Records
*600 Horsepower with 600 lbs. of Torque, INSANELY FAST!

Thanks in advance for any help...

pics:

Old 08-09-2008, 11:42 PM
adam_
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Know that the warranty may not cover engine damage since the engine was modded. Nothing surprising here, but the seller ought to know better.... indeed, some extended warranties are rendered void with ANY mods. (Perfectly legal since it is an extended warranty contract and not a real warranty.)

Looks like a stock Porsche interior. (Did a girl own it? ) Plenty you can do with the wood it it isn't your cup of tea BTW...

(Is this the Star city car?)

$52-55k plus whatever the mods cost at 20-30 cents on the dollar. IMHO

Find out what shop did the work and chat with them...I think this may have been posted on 6speed too.

A
Old 08-11-2008, 02:53 PM
fluxen
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is the star city car. Thanks for responding, and for the insight. I wasn't wild about the interior, but it looked a great value for the money spent on mods, but ultimately I worry about the reliability, so I've decided to look for something closer to stock. The 600hp is tempting, but the repairs that could be just down the line offset that a bit
Old 08-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 75 Posts

Time out... Not so fast...

If the car is setup properly, and has been maintained properly, why would you be concerned with any warranty issues... That car would likely be making closer to 500-530 WHEEL hp and torque, based on dyno sheets for similarly modified cars, and that's well within the safety parameters for the motor.

Also, I bought my car modified, and was sold an aftermarket warranty when I bought the car... Some companies will flip over mods... Some won't. My guess is that the dealer and I'll cross that bridge if my motor grenades.

Mike
Old 08-11-2008, 08:40 PM
adam_
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fluxen
It is the star city car. Thanks for responding, and for the insight. I wasn't wild about the interior, but it looked a great value for the money spent on mods, but ultimately I worry about the reliability, so I've decided to look for something closer to stock. The 600hp is tempting, but the repairs that could be just down the line offset that a bit
When I was buying, I too was off put by "mods"... to many questions, I wasn't yet 'there' intellectually and emotionally to drop into a modded beast.

Now, having spent $7500 on straight power mods on top of my X50, I kinda wished I had bought some of the mods at 30 cents on the dollar. I still need to spend $3k on the suspension and $4500 for wheels!

Having said that, I was able to add the mods **I** wanted, and I am particular.

I skipped getting a CPO- by all accounts these engines are bulletproof under 600. (Note I said engine and not clutch! and even then, don't drive like a dragster and you can do fine) But I did get a non-porsche extended warranty before the P warranty expired. Like Mike, I went into this eyes-open, and we'll deal with what happens. That was the point of my comment.

The most incongruous part of this car is the interior versus the amazing mod package... total opposites!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:44 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikelly
Time out... Not so fast...

If the car is setup properly, and has been maintained properly, why would you be concerned with any warranty issues... That car would likely be making closer to 500-530 WHEEL hp and torque, based on dyno sheets for similarly modified cars, and that's well within the safety parameters for the motor.

Mike
I'm going to say that PCNA and PCNA Legal would take exception to your statement "well within the safety parameters for the motor".

Alter the vehicle from its factory designed/built/delivered specifications and the warranty coverage is completey at the discretion of the dealer and/or PCNA (who will be the one writing the check to the dealer for the work done under warranty).

Within the industry, PCNA is known to be the most strict when it comes to this.

Quick Reply: Anyone familiar with this 02 996 Turbo on Ebay?