Sponsored by:

T-Boned!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default T-Boned!

Went to an appointment at Kaiser yesterday and they were doing a lot of construction to the parking area so they had temporary parking set up at various places. I found a place as far away from other cars as possible.....so much for planning. The TT is my daily driver.

I came out and found that someone had T-boned me right dead center in the driver's door and back to the wheel well below the air scoop. They couldn't have done better with a bombsight. Dead center. Of course it must have been an oversight on the part of the perpetrator....I just KNOW that the wind must have blown the note off from under my windshield wipers becasue there was no note. I wasn't that sick when I went for the Dr. appointment, but I sure was when I left there. I tried not to say really nasty words out loud....but they just slipped out in an unguarded moment.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Unhappy

< without words... >
Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Went to an appointment at Kaiser yesterday and they were doing a lot of construction to the parking area so they had temporary parking set up at various places. I found a place as far away from other cars as possible.....so much for planning. The TT is my daily driver.

I came out and found that someone had T-boned me right dead center in the driver's door and back to the wheel well below the air scoop. They couldn't have done better with a bombsight. Dead center. Of course it must have been an oversight on the part of the perpetrator....I just KNOW that the wind must have blown the note off from under my windshield wipers becasue there was no note. I wasn't that sick when I went for the Dr. appointment, but I sure was when I left there. I tried not to say really nasty words out loud....but they just slipped out in an unguarded moment.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:06 PM
joyride5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

crap... sorry to hear that.
People like that should go to jail.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:13 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Any CCTV cameras and videotape to assist in finding who is responsible?
Old 08-07-2008, 03:44 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

Absolutely s*cks Chuck...yeah, get the cameras....they are everywhere.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:49 PM
SnP
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

That seriously sucks.

Good luck getting it fixed quickly.

If you find out who did it, I personally think it would be acceptable to give them 40 lashes with your windshield wiper blade!
Old 08-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Whats with the Midnight Blue's getting hit!?

Trust me I feel your pain......
Old 08-07-2008, 04:21 PM
ZX9RCAM
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SnP
That seriously sucks.

Good luck getting it fixed quickly.

If you find out who did it, I personally think it would be acceptable to give them 40 lashes with your windshield wiper blade!
+1
Old 08-07-2008, 04:23 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

not saying that this is what happened to you, but when people see that you intentionally park your ride away from all the others, now you become an intentional target. this has happened to friends of mine. hope you get it fixed asap.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:25 PM
pilot996
Intermediate

So sorry to hear about this Chuck. Wish you luck in putting it back together right and finding the right shop to do it. Your not hurt and that is most important. We all really, really like our cars but they are just cars!

I had my 6 month old M3 creamed, $14,000 damage, about 5 years ago. I felt sick to my stomach for a few days, but you'll feel better as time goes by.

DW
Old 08-07-2008, 06:10 PM
C DeVito
Racer

Chuck,

That really sucks and as a fellow midnight blue owner I feel a little sick along with you. I hope the fix is quick and you get her back looking great.

Carmen
Old 08-07-2008, 07:32 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, a fire then a T-bone. Very sorry.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:37 PM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Chuck,

SUX for sure. What else can be said. Just glad you are OK. I think I would let out a few more than a couple of nasty words if that happened to me.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Naw...I'm fine...AAA was right on it...I called them and in a half hour, they had approved the fix, got me a car to drive for 30 days, and contacted the body shop (shop specializes in Porsche, Mercedes and high end...so no cheapie job) and have all the arrangements made to take it in next monday. I cant complain about the response I received....of course the fact we have five cars insured and the house too has nothing to do with it....just coincidental Im sure....but lets stay positive. The damage is cosmetic, but its still going to show on a CarFax as an accident which will scare some potential buyers off if I ever decided to sell....so Im going to take some really clear pictures of the before and after to show that the damage is only skin deep...$3200 to fix.

The entire Kaiser grounds and parking areas are being redesigned and rebuilt with underground garages etc...so there are no camera poles up...everything has been taken down for the redesign....so Im out the $500 deductible with no one to pin it on. Im sure that whoever did it just forgot to leave a card on the windshield....so I feel much better. Right!
Old 08-08-2008, 12:51 AM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 9 Posts

Guys like that should be hung from the proverbial nuts! Sorry to hear Chuck....

Quick Reply: T-Boned!