Chuck- That just sucks.

Walt Stickel?

Talk to you tomorrow.

A
Old 08-08-2008, 02:28 AM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

todays problem is tomorrows upgrade, that would be my chance to change over to Cup Car doors!!
Old 08-09-2008, 03:28 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tom: Insurance is taking care of it...and they arent exactlly thrilled over a request to install Cup Car doors...
Old 08-11-2008, 01:15 AM
Richard S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 76 Posts

Oh man Chuck....that absolutely sucks!!!! Was this the day after Taco Tuesday? Holy crap, I think Taco Tuesday is a curse....didn't the 996 have its "hot flash" the day after a Taco Tuesday as well? It's all Rubio's fault!!!!!

BTW, thanks so much for letting me drive the TT back from Stockton...hope your car can be repaired without any evidence of the damage, it's a beauty inside and out. And that power is frickin awesome!

Rich
Old 08-11-2008, 02:43 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Rich...you're quite welcome...glad you enjoyed the drive. Every time I looked over at you, I could see the smirk...along with the fact you left it in fifth most of the way....kinda responsive hey what? The damage is cosmetic, but the real issue becomes one of having the "accident"...even tho it's just a dent in the side....having it recorded and logged in CarFax as the car was reported as involved in an accident. This scares off potential buyers....so the a$$hole who did the hit and run not only cost me the $500 deductible, but also the potential for "diminished value".

There's no sense boo-hoo'ing over the thing...it's a done deal... so this next week I'll get it fixed, enjoy the newfound power....and send out thanks to Adam, Loren, Mark, Kevin, Alex, Bill, and all the guys who have given me ideas, suggestions, and help over the past year....and move on. They're great cars and a blast to drive.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:11 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

That sucks chuck. somebody had to see something. I'd ask around, esp neighboing shops with cameras that might have caught something, anything. Also, may want to consider just fixing it yourself without involving insurance if it's only 3200, unless it's too late.
gl
Old 08-11-2008, 04:22 PM
IcemanG17
Race Director

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

DAMMM.....that SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 06:13 PM
mpclimber
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was under the impression that Cup Car doors were a no-go for a car without a full cage because they don't offer any side impact protection. Is that true?

I.e. super light, unreinforced doors were OK, because you have this to protect you in case of a side-impact:
Old 08-12-2008, 04:30 AM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

Wow, I’m very sorry to hear this Chuck. Good luck in getting it repaired.

It could be that the perpetrator was uninsured or perhaps is in the country illegally which could be the reason you did not receive a note. I always wonder if this is the case when I hear of hit and run accidents.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:23 AM
ZX9RCAM
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
Wow, I’m very sorry to hear this Chuck. Good luck in getting it repaired.

It could be that the perpetrator was uninsured or perhaps is in the country illegally which could be the reason you did not receive a note. I always wonder if this is the case when I hear of hit and run accidents.
Or maybe it was just an irresponsible JERK that didn't want his insurance to go up!
Old 08-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Joe Weinstein
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Chuck, you might not be over until you calculate diminished value, and then go through
the hoops and struggle to get your insurance folks to pay it. They will want to balk at
paying for a loss before it is realized (when you sell the car) but there is plenty of
legal precedent for your collecting.
Joe
Old 08-15-2008, 02:43 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

I would find it extremely ODD that you were parked away from the crowd and yet someone managed to find your car and do that. I'm certain that was no 'accident.' The world is full of jealous losers. Best of luck on the repair job.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:01 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

I have to say that AAA has been great...I had a call back in less than a half hour authorizing me to go to have it spec'd out and to get a rental car. I didn't notice earlier, but they also nicked the edge of one of my CCW wheels...the inspector saw it...I dont' think this was deliberate. The area I parked in was under construction and they had cones, chain link, and temp parking set up to try to accomodate the parking lot construction. It was sort of helter-skelter in the parking lot. I should have taken a cab....no...I dont' mean the cabriolet!
Old 08-17-2008, 03:07 AM
Kab
Instructor

Chuck, sorry about the bad news. If you need a quick fix before yours is done you can drive mine anytime!
Old 08-17-2008, 03:12 AM
Kab
Instructor

Chuck, sorry about the bad news. If you need a quick fix before yours is done you can drive mine anytime!

Quick Reply: T-Boned!