Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 75 Posts

In 600 miles??? how could they have been "damaged?"

Seriously??

This is sad.

Mike

Originally Posted by ChristianR
Me to, you should see some of the offers, etc. I have been told that they are probably damaged and need to be rebuilt, etc

Christian
Old 08-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Better yet, Ask whoever suggested that the turbos needed rebuilt after 600 miles why they haven't rebuilt theirs. If a vendor or "tuner" has suggested that, then I'll ask everyone reading this thread to put their thinking caps on and tell me who's trying to SELL PARTS???

I can't believe some of our members are this ****ing stupid...

Mike
Old 08-08-2008, 11:10 AM
mdd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked into these turbos a couple days ago. Kevin indicated $2400 for the flash and programmer. Then $300 for the FPR. So, $2700 plus whatever Christian wants for the turbos (currently $2500). A new complete kit from Kevin is $4900.
BTW: Kevin didn't say a word to me about needing a rebuild. Christian mentioned that to me directly.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

So for $2500 you get Christian's K16/24s with the wastegates already installed, shipping included... Plus Kevin's tune @ $2400... You'd likely still need a 5bar FPR. This is the same kit I have, and I'm certainly not trying to take a sale away from Kevin, because I know his margains are low as is... But these turbos are essentially new, with 600 miles on them...

What "gets" me is when others make the comments that such and such or so and so said that they'd need to be rebuilt... Who made those claims... Thats what I want to know... It will say all we need to know about a specific tuner.

Did Christian have an issue with his motor Im' unaware of? Did he have a turbo hose pop off and eat some debris? have a turbo start eating oil? What would cause someone who hasn't seen these turbos first hand to make such speculation?

Mike
Old 08-08-2008, 01:33 PM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So you can see by the numbers there that buying used products just doesn't make sense. I was thinking about these and even contacted Christian, but after finding out the amount for programming, etc... the $$'s turn out to be about the same as buying new everything. Certainly if I am buying something used (albeit only 600 miles used) I expect to save a few $$'s. So that is the issue with this. It's not that anyone is trying to insult you Christian it's just dollars and cents.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 336 Likes on 224 Posts

I get a steady stream of "used" turbochargers that have been installed, shipped, resold again or ?? Installed and they then shortly fail. The cause usually is the check valves. And improper packaging. Just tossing into a empty box usually spells disaster.

If someone is interested in these turbochargers, I extend the offer to inspect them at NO charge.

Quick Reply: FS: UMW Stg 2 turbos