Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultimate Motorwerks has "lowered" the price of Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure what Carn is refering to about 25bhp, but my plain turbo{non S} saw a 70-80 HP increase but the torque was a whole other thing{don't know the figures}.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:47 PM
boss351
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
Not sure what Carn is refering to about 25bhp, but my plain turbo{non S} saw a 70-80 HP increase but the torque was a whole other thing{don't know the figures}.
I am sure the answer is more involved but the tune will probably step you up relatively more in boost on a K16 car to a K24, so, just a simple tune, nothing else, you may expect more of an increase in hp/torque over base with a K16 car vs a K24 car that has a higher base already.

Does that sound right?

On my unflashed X50 I see solid 0.8 bar on hard acceleration in 3rd and 4th, often holding 0.9. What do you see on a non 'S' or X50 Turbo that hasn't been flashed?

After the flash the boost may be north of 1.1 bar on all of the versions, Turbo, X50 or S. So the regular Turbo is gaining more in terms of extra boost over stock than the X50 or S cars..

Flame suit on, this is just my guess.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Land Jet
Make sense now?

Originally Posted by boss351
How about same setup without the flash? Just to see what the increase in performance is... Or same setup but on 93 octane?
Originally Posted by carn3rd
With just an exhaust, wastegates arent really necessary unless your upping the boost, you might see 25bhp. On 93 you're looking somewhere closer to 550 bhp.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:38 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 312 Likes on 218 Posts

I have received PM's and questions asking if the ECU has to be removed from the vehicle. This is "NOT" the case for my tuning system. Everything is flashed thru the OBD2 port. For those that do NOT want to deal with a laptop, the tuning module/programmer is sent back to me for programming. If you want to flash the programmer thru the OBD2 port I can also provide you the USB cable.

Please email me or call me if you have "any" questions.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Kevin, PM sent...
Old 07-26-2008, 04:24 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks Jaime.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:53 PM
porsche_rob
AutoX

Default Easy process

I just flashed my ECU with Kevin's tune yesterday. The process was easy. I am still getting used to the results but seeing 1.1 BAR sure is cool!
Old 08-02-2008, 11:51 AM
killerbee
Advanced

I can attest to the performance and long term durability of the entry level tune that Kevin has made available. After two (2) years and over a dozen DE events the car has not missed a beat and still performs very well. In addition in many of the DEs the car has seen double time doing 2 sessions consecutively (4x a trackday). Several instructors have commented on how hard the car pulls out of the corners and down the straights. One of the instructors owned the same car and was very surprised at how much better the engine performed. Both my wife and I are very satisfied customers.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:51 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After much debate and back-and-forth over do vs. don't do.....I finally decided to take the plunge and got the tune and with Ard's help, did Kevin's wastegate conversion before the flash. Came home from Ard's and found the flash sitting in a Fed Ex box on the porch (Great service and expeditious response from Kevin) and did the install...now I'm seeing steady 1.1 and 1.2 with a spike to 1.3.

Happy as a clam at high tide. All I can say is ....Oh My! WROSS kept urging me to quit dragging my feet and "Just do it"....sure glad I did. So much ado about nothing.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

A big Thanks to Adam for helping install my wastegate kit on Chuck's car. As Chuck will claim, the process of retrieving and loading his file remotely was pretty painless.

Chuck now you can go fill up with some race gas!! Again Thanks.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:31 AM
adam_
Burning Brakes

Happy to help- it was fun, not nearly as mysterious the second time! Glad you got the flash right away.

Seems like the wastegate alone gave you 1.0, then the flash brought it to 1.1-1.2 (I suspect cool nights will boost a bit more?)

And I did tell Chuck where he can get race gas at the pump in Sacto!

A
Old 08-03-2008, 03:13 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Even though the instructions were crystal clear, I still called Kevin for the added comofort of having him go thru the install....probably took all of 30 seconds...damn near stupid proof....but I didnt' go out and try it out till the temps got out of the mid 90's later that evening...the experience was breathtaking. Wish I'd done it sooner.

With regard to the wastegate install....if Adam hadn't given me a hand, I'd still be futzing around with it. I highly recommend the kit, but it takes more mechanical knowledge and expertise than I have. Adam sailed thru it like he'd done a bunch of them....and his rube goldberg compressed air pressure equalizer to set the wastegates to open at the same time was a very accurate and neat way to ensure that they were balanced out right. Adam wrote a DIY which I would recommend you read if you're going to do a kit install.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:03 PM
seattle_sun
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone considering Kevin's flash, should take the plunge.

I was hesitating, since I have another year left on my CPO. However, when Kevin lowered the price, I couldn't resist. It really is like a different car, as the throttle response and torque increase are unbelievable.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Seattle: I know....I was barking the same song since my CPO doesn't run out till the end of August, and there was no way I was going to compromise my CPO....then Kevin played dirty and reduced the price....and I jes' couldn't hep' m'sef.....
Old 08-03-2008, 02:53 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

Let's see I think I did this the first year I got my car....so I got like 3 years more enjoyment...Told you so....

Quick Reply: Ultimate Motorwerks has "lowered" the price of Tuning