Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

996TT with New 997 GT2 compressor wheel

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008 | 07:28 AM
MGS996
Racer

Default 996TT with New 997 GT2 compressor wheel

While in the USA last week I had the opportunity to visit with Kevin (UMW). My 3 hour meeting of ‘show & tell’ was well worth the visit.

First up was comparing the many Compressor wheel options available, note : before my meeting I was seriously considering Kevin’s Stage 2 ZC. After the show & tell….the only solution forward was to be the New 997 GT2 compressor wheel as part of the package. Kevin had about 8 wheels for show & tell including K16, K24, 16g, 18g & the 997 GT2. The GT2 wheel is packed full of engineering & is massive compared with the others, surprisingly it is the lightest of all the wheels. It clearly shows Porsche’s big budget in R&D. Pictures do not show the detailed technology.

I also had the opportunity to view Kevin’s own Turbo cores, both as a raw castings & fully machined units. Kevin’s detailed engineering is clearly visible.

The newly designed UMW IC’s are absolutely massive. They must be at least 50% bigger than the Blownsix six units, again the art is in the engineering.

I was privileged to view several other items in development……it is clear Kevin has spent many hours reviewing Porsche’s approach to the 997 GT2.

So here’s my problem or call it a challenge. By all accounts the K16 stage 2 ZC is a great starting package, but like the K16/16g is does not allow for further upgrades. A full blown stage 3 (or the stage 2 ‘b’ / 2 ‘c’) is beyond my price point. I want a Turbo package which includes the new 997GT2 compressor wheel technology without the need for a new MAF solution or injectors (these could be additional adders at a later date when both funds are available and the thirst for more power continues).

Thanks Kevin for the opportunity & more importantly the education. Now the challenge is yours to deliver a modular package at a reasonable price point. And it must incorporate the 997 GT2 technology.
Old 05-02-2008 | 09:40 PM
MGS996
Racer

Thanks for the response Kevin.

http://www.turboflatsix.com/996tt-ne...=1029#post1029

This is a great path.

Quick Reply: 996TT with New 997 GT2 compressor wheel