Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Coilover Group Buy......GMP Performance!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008 | 10:49 PM
rafiki
Instructor

Thumbs down hara-kiri

Originally Posted by mpclimber
Awesome! Thanks for going that extra mile to make sure none of us will get that deal on coilovers from here on out! Sign me up for all of your future group buys, especially if they'll result in other vendors being forced to increase their pricing! You've really provided quite a service to our small band of enthusiasts.
Amazing!

Talk about F@#$ing the customer and your business at the same time.

Best example I've seen of online hara-kiri by a vendor / sponsor.
Old 05-05-2008 | 06:22 PM
GMP - Matthew
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I really don't understand the issue here. I wen to great length to start this after people showed interest and I get one customer to actually purchase a kit? I apolgize for the increase in price but according to bilstein they were being advertised slight lower than what they wanted it. But it was only on two models.

Not to mention I started a smart top group buy several months ago over 20 people signed up and only 8 people actually kept their word? But when I end a group buy that didn't generate anything for two weeks and two days after I close it, its two pages long. Doesn't make sense if you ask me. I think its a two way street.
Old 05-05-2008 | 06:23 PM
GMP - Matthew
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by rafiki
Amazing!

Talk about F@#$ing the customer and your business at the same time.

Best example I've seen of online hara-kiri by a vendor / sponsor.
WOW I really surprised to here this come from you guys, I really am
Old 05-05-2008 | 06:30 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

You don't understand? Someone was selling a product for less than you and you go calling the Mfg to complain. Instead of matching or letting it go, you complain and possibly get someone else in trouble. Should have just let it go...

On the "group buy", maybe it wasn't so good after all....

Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
I really don't understand the issue here. I wen to great length to start this after people showed interest and I get one customer to actually purchase a kit? I apolgize for the increase in price but according to bilstein they were being advertised slight lower than what they wanted it. But it was only on two models.

Not to mention I started a smart top group buy several months ago over 20 people signed up and only 8 people actually kept their word? But when I end a group buy that didn't generate anything for two weeks and two days after I close it, its two pages long. Doesn't make sense if you ask me. I think its a two way street.
Old 05-05-2008 | 06:31 PM
GMP - Matthew
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mpclimber
Awesome! Thanks for going that extra mile to make sure none of us will get that deal on coilovers from here on out! Sign me up for all of your future group buys, especially if they'll result in other vendors being forced to increase their pricing! You've really provided quite a service to our small band of enthusiasts.
If i can't advertise that low they shouldnt be able to either bottom line. If you still want a kit for that price I would be happy to match or beat it for you but like I said If bilstein isnt going to allow me to advertise at the same price tire rack is then they shouldnt be allowed to either and it still leaves the door open for me to sell it to you at that price Tirerack was offering.
Old 05-05-2008 | 06:36 PM
GMP - Matthew
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

This i understand I tried to explain above that Bilstein read my thread and said that the pricing was too low, i changed it and then someone posted a lower price. I am still allowed to match that price but I can't advertise it? Does this make better sense? I want to sell you guys these kits, I dont care really that much about a $100 bucks or so but bilstein does. They came down hard on me and I don't think i should have been singled out when other shops are advertising a lot lower than i was.
Old 05-05-2008 | 06:38 PM
mpclimber
Instructor

Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
This i understand I tried to explain above that Bilstein read my thread and said that the pricing was too low, i changed it and then someone posted a lower price. I am still allowed to match that price but I can't advertise it? Does this make better sense? I want to sell you guys these kits, I dont care really that much about a $100 bucks or so but bilstein does. They came down hard on me and I don't think i should have been singled out when other shops are advertising a lot lower than i was.
The same rules of Kindegarten apply to the real world... Nobody likes a snitch.
Old 05-09-2008 | 10:54 PM
Bklyn964Turbo
Racer

mpclimber i just read this thread and that was funny!...so has he sold any more kits and at what price?

Quick Reply: Porsche Coilover Group Buy......GMP Performance!!!