Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 05:23 PM
Tony@epl
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring 996tt Tuning Special!

Now through May 1st, all stock turbo ecu flashes are $999.99 including free overnight return shipping**.

Gains of 70+ horsepower and 85+ ftlbs of torque can be expected.

Basic ECU Flash Highlights include:

-Flash includes latest factory supplied calibration for specific model year
-Factory boost levels raised to approx 1.0 bar
-Ignition Timing calibrated to take advantage of 93 octane fuel (True 91 oct files also available)
-Fuel calibration performed for both increase economy and safe running conditions
-DBW throttle body recalibrated for a more 'Sporty' feel and better response
-Variocam cam timing altered to ensure smooth power delivery

Custom tuning is also available on all ecu calibrations. Please inquire for more information.

Take a moment and review a recent customers thoughts on this calibration!
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...01&postcount=1

**(Local install available in my areas, Regular price $1249.99, x50 cars excluded, Free shipping applies to US addresses only.)
Old 03-15-2008, 11:48 PM
Tony@epl
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thank you everyone for the positive response thus far!!
Old 03-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Tony@epl
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Thank you everyone for the positive response thus far!!
All PM's replied.
All ecus received this morning shipped this afternoon!

Thanks!
Old 03-19-2008, 10:01 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 337 Likes on 233 Posts

Guys,

I had the pleasure of spending the day at Tony's shop yesterday and observing some dyno runs of one of his customer's cars with the K16/16G turbos. I have to say that I was very surprised at the numbers that car was putting down yesterday. Actually, more like shocked. I had never met Tony before or seen his shop and after meeting him and his staff, I left with the utmost respect for what they are doing. They are true tuners, as evidenced by the fact that they do not do "repair" work, but exclusively tuning. The center of their operation is an AWD Mustang dyno and it was clear by observing the operation that Tony is a talented tuner with a lot to offer the 996TT world. His knowledge and experience was very impressive. Personally, I have gone beyond the 600 HP level, but if I hadn't and I was looking to do something...after what I saw yesterday, this would be my choice, especially when you factor in his fantastic pricing structure - it's simply an outstanding value. IMHO, Tony has put together a fantastic tune that I wish existed a few years ago, when I was shopping for a 600 HP package.

Tony, I hope you don't mind my posting about your shop. I was impressed and felt compelled to share...
2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook
Old 03-19-2008, 11:19 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI, EPL has possible the highest reading Mustang in the country. A 500 + whp Audi shopcar was walked badly by a abused rental F430 with a measly 480 CRANK hp...............also his inflated dyno #'s never translate into matching trapspeeds for P or VAG cars.

What I find most amusing is that he quotes crank hp when in fact he only has 10 sec wheel dyno charts, yeah, magic correction factors .

Conclusion : quote crank when you use a engine dyno, quote wheel when using those fantasy chassis dynos.

But it sounds soooooooooooooo much more impressive when one throws out those BIG crank numbers for marketing purposes.LOL.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:26 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I don't know, Pole. His dyno of the same car when stock was 334 WHP, less than some of the other popular tuners have dynoed for stock cars, so it's certainly not the highest reading in the country.

Also, my former K16/24 package that I sold, dynoed 30 HP LESS than the K16/16G car on the same day, same dyno and it had a lot more hardware added to it than the K16/16G car.

There seems to be enough information available, such as the East Coast Dyno Day, held by EPL to demonstrate his numbers are right on...There were many cars with different packages there that day and from what I can see, they all dynoed where they should have - none were unusually high for the package.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Tony@epl
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by pole position
FYI, EPL has possible the highest reading Mustang in the country. A 500 + whp Audi shopcar was walked badly by a abused rental F430 with a measly 480 CRANK hp...............also his inflated dyno #'s never translate into matching trapspeeds for P or VAG cars.

What I find most amusing is that he quotes crank hp when in fact he only has 10 sec wheel dyno charts, yeah, magic correction factors .

Conclusion : quote crank when you use a engine dyno, quote wheel when using those fantasy chassis dynos.

But it sounds soooooooooooooo much more impressive when one throws out those BIG crank numbers for marketing purposes.LOL.

This is an entirely untrue statement...

Facts.
A stock 996 makes between 327 and 339 horse power to the wheels on my dyno. You can see the plot above in this post.

For reference a stock 996 makes 355 on awe's dyno

379 on Stasis's dyno

330 on Vivid's dyno

Looking at those figures, I would say my dyno reads where it should...maybe even on the low side.

As for our "500+ HP" shop car... The car did not make anywhere near 500+ horse power at the time he raced the f430. It wasn't until months later on race gas that the car made well into the 500 horsepower range.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:33 AM
DAP
6th Gear

For reference, the EPL shop S4 is my car (I work for EPL). At the time of the video, it was putting out approximately 450whp on pump gas (there have been additional upgrades and further tuning since then). The runs against the Ferrari were on pump gas. The 500+ whp (it was 557 to be exact) dyno pulls were done on VP109 race gas with further upgraded turbos and additional tuning.

Here is the video in question:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-dOtdGX9sPM

Frankly, I'm pretty pleased that my AWD sedan with an extra ~500+ lbs (including passengers) was able to hang with an F430.

-Dave@EPL
Old 03-20-2008, 12:21 PM
mikerosi
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Hey guys don`t worry about Pole Position`s rantings, he`s just a big dumb lug. He likes to post unfounded **** on the forums and apparantly he enjoys his own world. That 379 WHP on the Stasis dyno was my stock TT. So I think that Tony has one of THE LOWEST dyno readings in the US
Old 03-20-2008, 02:23 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

This is why I was so impressed...Tony has put together a kit that dynoed 505 AWHP at 1.1 bar with just K16/16G turbos, ECU tune and exhaust. My Proto 700 is supposed to make 560 AWHP (590 AWHP on race fuel) and I can not begin to explain how much more involved it is...Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with the Proto kit and would not go backwards, but this is truly impressive work when you compare it to what is out there...
Old 03-21-2008, 01:18 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikerosi
Hey guys don`t worry about Pole Position`s rantings, he`s just a big dumb lug. He likes to post unfounded **** on the forums and apparantly he enjoys his own world. That 379 WHP on the Stasis dyno was my stock TT. So I think that Tony has one of THE LOWEST dyno readings in the US
Do you swallow ?

Why don't you post a 1/4 slip of this magic a couple of turbos/ECU wonder xxxx whp kit. Should be in the high 120's low 130's easy. It is fair to say you ain't got .

Same with this xxxx whp Audi, should be mid to high 130's, easy answer, timeslips don't exist.

But we have the coveted Mustang, the mother of all tuning.

So how many races have you won on the dyno ? Did Stasis give you a special Ohlins calibration for max dyno grip? The funny thing is that you dyno godzilla experts who could not turn a steering wheel if your live would depend on it never showed up when AMS had open dyno runs...............labeling 45 sec Maha runs as " useles " lol.

Last edited by pole position; 03-21-2008 at 01:42 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:39 AM
mikerosi
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Pole Position is a clueless dip****,........not that there`s anything wrong with that!!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 02:57 AM
skideals
Intermediate

The funny thing is that you dyno godzilla experts who could not turn a steering wheel if your live would depend on it never showed up when AMS had open dyno runs...............labeling 45 sec Maha runs as " useles " lol.
Can anybody translate this into English for me?
Old 03-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Turbohead
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Duh !
1/4 Drag strip is the only true test of performance???

How about a real road race track where you really put the whole car to the max.
The smooth delivery of power is only one aspect and Tony's Dyno is a great place to start.
Ton'y is the Man!

Elliot
Old 03-27-2008, 10:30 AM
DualSpool
Track Day

Originally Posted by Turbohead
Duh !
1/4 Drag strip is the only true test of performance???

How about a real road race track where you really put the whole car to the max.
The smooth delivery of power is only one aspect and Tony's Dyno is a great place to start.
Ton'y is the Man!

Elliot
I couldn't agree more.

Also, since EPL offers true custom tunes as well it gives people the ability to have a tune that meets their specific requirements. Why settle for OTS when you don't have to?

Having another option for custom tuning....especially for those in the Northeast (or near an EPL dealer in other parts of the country) is great for the entire community, not just the 996 TT owners.

Quick Reply: Spring 996tt Tuning Special!