Sponsored by:

Those in Va looking for an Independant shop

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 04:37 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Those in Va looking for an Independant shop

Guys, I just got my car back from Lufteknic, and I must say I was very impressed with the service and the prices of their work. I had a clutch job done, upgraded to a hybrid setup with the GT2PP/GT3 Clutch/ 964RS flywheel with all associated parts. They also fixed a shifter issue for me, flushed all driveline fluids, and adjusted my alignment slightly to make it a little better. Total cost parts and labor were under $3K and I'll be taking the car back in april for corner balancing/ aggressive alignment setup and a few other items...

Since I don't live near Kevin at UMW, I had to find someone on the right coast. I think I've found a shop that will compliment the work we've done on her to this point!

Drove the car today and I can't believe the night and day difference the LWFW and clutch setup made. I'm not getting on it hard, as I want to get some miles on the clutch to let it break in, but man oh man what a difference... All the sudden my heel/toe shifting is back where it was with previous cars and the revs... Oh the revs!!!

Lufteknic is in Richmond Va. and you can google the name and find them online!

Mike
Old 02-28-2008, 06:18 PM
SEAN 996
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up! I will be looking at options when it's time to change the clutch. Hope to see you and hear the LWFW at the VIR event.

Chris
Old 02-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 71 Posts

Sean, Yup I'll be there in March. #915 on the doors! Look me up!

I honestly have no issues with noise that the other guys have complained about... It could be the last 25 years of me playing drums, but I can't hear any minor rattle...

Mike
Old 03-03-2008, 11:06 PM
vyper340
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the LWFW add the "noise" that everyone talks about?? Sounds like loose screws rattling around in the housing...

Quick Reply: Those in Va looking for an Independant shop