sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts
Default EVOMS GT660 Kit Released

http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=42
Just an FYI as I took a recent trip out to see our friends at Evolution Motorsports and amongst other things I got to get a good taste of their new GT660 kit. We've always been a fan of the GT700 kits and have been installing them since 2005 but in my mind anything after the Stage II using the K24s just didn't cut it. The K24s aren't really fun to drive with. The 660 kit sits right there as a logical step-up for people with Stage IIs looking for more power. Built-upon similair building blocks to their GT700 kit, EVO's GT660 kit incorporates their newly designed Garrett turbo chargers. The red 996TT (Steve's?) we got a ride in was spot on the 660 hp / 652 tq On Pump Fuel Mode 91/93 Octane after the mustang dyno AWD conversion (I got to see about 30 dynos before my ears gave out). For any cars already with an exhaust and a few other parts this kit works well to incorporate what you already have. The stock fuel system can take a little more than 600 but really starts to max out (wish us 996tt'ers had the 997TT injectors) so having the higher-flow injectors bring the duty cycles back down to where they should be There should be some new announcements from EVO shortly. I got to drive in another car with these afformentioned turbos and again the spool-up is much improved. Let's face it none of us really like those laggy K24s...

Anyways, we're all systems go on these kits now. Contact myself alex@sharkwerks.com , mike@evoms.com or stephen@imagineauto.com (depending on where you prefer to go or who is close to you).
Attached Images   

Last edited by sharkster; 02-26-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:44 AM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cant understand why people says the k24 are laggy

Last edited by Rickard 993 Turbo; 02-27-2008 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

knowing how to "prep" the turbos before runs will eliminate lag.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:59 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rickard 993 Turbo
I cant understand why people says the k24 are laggy
I think in the GT2 they feel much mroe seamless and "right" so to speak. It's a different platform but in the X50s/Turbo S' they're not my favorite... These turbos spool 300rpms sooner and the car just feel more responsive down low. When you're driving mostly around here from 0-80 quicker spool is more preferable I feel. On the track, K24s are obviously fine and in the GT2s case more "controllable" in terms of how they come in...
Old 02-28-2008, 03:00 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Oak
knowing how to "prep" the turbos before runs will eliminate lag.
I've still got some K24-pieces in my hybrid turbos....
Old 02-28-2008, 03:17 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what's the premise of this package when they have the GT700...? they are not too far apart...just curious.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:23 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by manny_g
what's the premise of this package when they have the GT700...? they are not too far apart...just curious.
hey manny g, good question and the best answer I have for you is this kit was/is made for folks that already have some hardware like an exhaust/cats etc.. It's made for folks that already have some mods because the reality is these days we rarely see a stock turbo anymore It's also tuned with the Hitachi maf and with the GT640 kit no longer being put to there was nothing available in that range. The turbos are very scaleable so to speak and it's a simpler install as well...
Old 02-28-2008, 03:42 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

alex...with that type of horsepower increase don't you really need to also upgrade some of the engine/transmission internals....how much horsepower increase can the stock engine safely handle...and i mean for street and not track use..? this has always been a concern of mine. one thing is the cost of the kit, but most importantly what would it cost to improve basic engin internals.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:22 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by manny_g
alex...with that type of horsepower increase don't you really need to also upgrade some of the engine/transmission internals....how much horsepower increase can the stock engine safely handle...and i mean for street and not track use..? this has always been a concern of mine. one thing is the cost of the kit, but most importantly what would it cost to improve basic engin internals.
hi manny, other than the clutch itself there's nothing "needed" for the tranny. We generally build motors from the 700hp and up range depending upon the desired usage. Since yours is for the street whatever kit you do I'd say 640-660 should and has always proven to be asbolutely fine on stock internals.

Building the engine would really vary on the parts used and who does it (labor rates). Most of the engines we've build have had Carrillo rods, ARP head studs, EVO head gasket, GT3R oil pump and misc stock replacement parts obviously. No doubt it's expensive but unless you had 70K miles on the odo I wouldn't see the need for it at 660hp (crank).
Old 02-28-2008, 09:04 PM
torresmd
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

I am the owner of the first GT 660 kit. I really don't have any experience with 996tt. This is my first Porsche. I bought my car stock with 8K miles and went straight to the GT kit. So basically I have put over 3K miles and it runs stronger than ever. I am still learning how to drive this car which is very different than my M3. I need to take it to the track to feel its limits and personality. I am very satisfied with this kit. The main reason I chose this kit is how easily upgradable it is. I can get to the GT 700 kit very easily. Here is a vid of my impressions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kot0JAz886E
Steve
Old 03-05-2008, 07:24 PM
maxwell
Racer

sharky, what is the cost of the kit if you already have an upgraded clutch?
Old 03-05-2008, 08:00 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by maxwell
sharky, what is the cost of the kit if you already have an upgraded clutch?
Hi Maxwell, which clutch do you have? The list of components is here and it's designed for folks that get their own clutch/exhaust... But the list is here...
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=42

Quick Reply: EVOMS GT660 Kit Released