Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purchase of BuddyG's Turbo on 6spd

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Red9
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that if anyone is a serious buyer you will never have anything like the information available about this car ! Buddy has posted a lot of detail over a long period of time that is a very complete record. Some of his posts are not to his advantage so at least hear what he has to say-- you may be disadvantaging yourself( yourselves) .
Interesting that it has not sold at that sort of price.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:04 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

No offense, but I wouldn't touch a car like that with a ten foot pole.

Last edited by TT Gasman; 12-27-2007 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:58 PM
techlogik
Intermediate

There are a couple of nicer ones I think with GT700 packages...not abused like that one.

Have to check them out though, less money too..

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...d.php?t=105565

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...d.php?t=100543

It is sad if he really is driving that thing around after frying the tranny..it is $13k from the dealer to replace it with a 2 year warranty. You could probably have it rebuilt for like $8k with labor possibly.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:47 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone just asked him about the 3rd gear issue.....
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...6&postcount=50

Old 12-27-2007, 05:16 PM
techlogik
Intermediate

I mean seriously, he beats the crap out of that thing...driving around with no 3rd gear..who knows what kind of damage is done by now..the tranny is shot..nothing short of an entire rebuild, or new tranny will resolve that issue...$13k from the dealer with 2 year warranty I believe.

Yeah, it is great he posts all that info, so at least you know exactly what you are getting into...that thing is on the raggedy edge of always needing something fixed I can imagine.

Good luck on your search. It is daunting I know, I am in the process also..
Old 12-27-2007, 07:27 PM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

When some unsuspecting person buys that car, it will have the usable life of a tomato. When somebody blows up a trans and doesn't bother to fix it, what does that say about the rest of the car and the shortcuts that have been taken?
I thought Buddy was a family owner of a trucking business. With the money it took to build that car, I'm surprised he got tight on the repairs ("2,000 to fix just the gear" as oopsed to 10K for the entire rebuild). Personally, this sounds like a car seller looking for the fool born yesterday. There will be no end to broken parts. AS
Old 12-27-2007, 10:11 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alexander Stemer
Personally, this sounds like a car seller looking for the fool born yesterday.
Even funnier that he doesn't undertsand why the car hasn't sold yet.

And he even goes as far as calling everyone on 6speed pretenders.....
Old 12-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Al Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

E36 M3 Rick
If you are interested I have a 2004 X50 Speed yellow with black leather interior and aprox 14.5k miles for sale. I have not advertised it yet. It has the Belstein PSS9 suspension system, EVO aluminum Bailey diverter valve upgrade, carbon steering wheel, shifter, ebrake and speaker surrounds. It also has a leather airbag with silver crest and sivler hood crest. (dont care for gold). It also has the 07 GT3 shifter assembly upgrade and GT3 brake ducts. It has the remainder of the factory warranty, until October of 2008. You can see a small pic on my avatar. If you are interested, I can send you some more pics. I would like to get around 78.5k or so. Thanks in advance...AL Z
Old 12-28-2007, 12:34 AM
techlogik
Intermediate

Well, it gets even funnier with his car. Of course somebody asked about the 3rd gear, I referenced the thread later, he then responded.

By the way, this is the title of his thread:

" Definately selling my GT700 RED BEAST! BOTTOM DOLLAR PRICE $75,000 I WILL GO NO LOWER "

This is his latest response as to the 3rd gear issue:

"The car is a 2002 there is no warranty and no I have not fixed it because not sure if I am selling or not. If no one steps up to pay the money then I will keep it and do the complete motorsports gears. If I sell it I will replace with the stock 3rd gear before delivery."

So there you have it...

Last edited by techlogik; 12-28-2007 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:17 AM
E36-M3Rick
5th Gear

PM sent.

Originally Posted by Al Z
E36 M3 Rick
If you are interested I have a 2004 X50 Speed yellow with black leather interior and aprox 14.5k miles for sale. I have not advertised it yet. It has the Belstein PSS9 suspension system, EVO aluminum Bailey diverter valve upgrade, carbon steering wheel, shifter, ebrake and speaker surrounds. It also has a leather airbag with silver crest and sivler hood crest. (dont care for gold). It also has the 07 GT3 shifter assembly upgrade and GT3 brake ducts. It has the remainder of the factory warranty, until October of 2008. You can see a small pic on my avatar. If you are interested, I can send you some more pics. I would like to get around 78.5k or so. Thanks in advance...AL Z
Old 12-28-2007, 01:14 PM
KPG
Pro

Originally Posted by E36-M3Rick
PM sent.
I saw this car recently and it is very sharp. The black rims complement the color very well. Good luck...
Old 12-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Ruf-Racer
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Default Maybe good advice?

>> move on, there are plenty of examples out there.<<

Stories told or stories not told doesn't matter. There are other choices.

Cheers

R
Old 12-29-2007, 09:06 AM
BuddyG
Burning Brakes

Received 240 Likes on 118 Posts

WOW everyone here is an expert on how I abused this car! What the heck do you guys know about how I drive this car? Because I didn't fix 3rd gear yet? Who gives a rats ***, I will replace the entire transmission if that is what the buyer wants. I will even give you a written warranty if I only fix 3rd gear and the rest of the tranny is screwed up.

You guys freaking amaze me no wonder I don't come around here much. I have NOT abused this car period end of story. Believe what you want I don't give a ****!

Quite frankly I am hoping NOT to sell the car because I really don't want to, it is more a thing of trying to sell it to keep the wife happy. She would not like the idea of a Lambo and my Porsche in the garage at the same time.

Thanks for ripping me apart when you don't know me or my car.

Screw you!

Old 12-29-2007, 12:40 PM
johnyg
Instructor

There are many cars out there. However with that being said if one wants a GT700 level car than may also negotiate a rebuilt or upgraded trans with better syncros then there could be a deal to be had. Cars like this take the right buyer that wants these mods. I understand that some may not. I can's speak for Buddy but whenever someone wants something (Lambo) and the wife is involved there can be some negotiating leverage. No one but Buddy can say what he must have but in a private forum with the seller I bet some very decent terms could be arranged including whodoes work and what work isto be done. Many cars out there but if yo are a speed freak then a stage 2 or even a 4 will not do it for you. A gt700 and the like is fast as s--t! AND he has a built motor to boot. Good luck buddy and I hope you don't regret the slower lambo. Looks much better but will not moove out like what you are selling.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:38 PM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by BuddyG
WOW everyone here is an expert on how I abused this car! What the heck do you guys know about how I drive this car? Because I didn't fix 3rd gear yet? Who gives a rats ***, I will replace the entire transmission if that is what the buyer wants. I will even give you a written warranty if I only fix 3rd gear and the rest of the tranny is screwed up.

You guys freaking amaze me no wonder I don't come around here much. I have NOT abused this car period end of story. Believe what you want I don't give a ****!

Quite frankly I am hoping NOT to sell the car because I really don't want to, it is more a thing of trying to sell it to keep the wife happy. She would not like the idea of a Lambo and my Porsche in the garage at the same time.

Thanks for ripping me apart when you don't know me or my car.

Screw you!

Buddy,
When you look at this post in a year or two, you will recognize how lopsided your perspective is. First, you do need to reconcile your 6 speed post that says maybe you will fix only the broken gear if that is $2000 vs $10,000 for the rebuild. It did not say, "I will do whatever is necessry to satisfy the next owner of the car".
Second, you do need to consider how few posts there are on either board that start with "blew up my trans". The second gear synchro problem is well known, but not too many people have destroyed a gear. Now how do you think that happened? Either too much power for the box, or rough use seem the most likely explanations. I think either would fall under the general catagory of "abuse"
Third, think about what it says about an owner who drives the car with a busted third gear. I think most owners would just put the car on a trailer to the nearest repair facility.
People are defined by their actions much more than their words, and your actions do give cause for concern. Interestingly, your question of "who gives a rat's ***" is cogent, as it appears you specifically don't. Do you really think a buyer will cherish your personal guarantee on the box when the trans fails miles from nowhere? Let's see, his thought process would be "I'm really looking forward to towing my car in, getting a new trans, and then sending the bill to Buddy, whom I'm sure will just write a check, even though he was too cheap to do the job right the first time?" Get real. You kind of screwed this up, and now you won't man up. I think the kind of response you really want is "nice rims!" Sorry. AS

Quick Reply: Purchase of BuddyG's Turbo on 6spd