Sponsored by:

Fabspeed, FVD Tuning and EVO air intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 06:36 PM
vyper340
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fabspeed, FVD Tuning and EVO air intake

Where is the best place for the best prices on new Fabspeed exhaust for 996TT?? I know there were a few places that offered Rennlisters a discount... Thanks.

Also, thinking about the FVD tuning and looking for feedback on those who have done it.

Is the EVO air intake still a "must have item"?
Old 11-06-2007, 08:03 AM
rafiki
Instructor

Originally Posted by vyper340
Where is the best place for the best prices on new Fabspeed exhaust for 996TT?? I know there were a few places that offered Rennlisters a discount... Thanks.

Also, thinking about the FVD tuning and looking for feedback on those who have done it.

Is the EVO air intake still a "must have item"?
Hi Vyper340

Not sure about Fabspeed exhaust, but try this thread for feedback on FVD tuning: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...?t=387724.Many high hp 996tt are running without Evo air intake, but a lot that do seem to have positive feedback.I understand that the stock filter is vey good. I have BMC on mine.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:45 AM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

evo intake? not worth all the mafs you will most likely go through for no real gains. must have? if you like carrying around a 6 pack of mafs with you at all times.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:55 PM
vyper340
Pro

I'm getting mixed signals on the EVO intake. I've done a search and read A LOT... I have heard good things from 2 tuners that I respect and have them on their own cars. I was curious to hear from those who have had good experience with the EVO intake if there are any out there on Rennlist.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:56 PM
vyper340
Pro

OAK - are your wheels the HRE's?? I have a line a set right now and may get them.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Adam Bowles
Track Day

I have had a V-Flow on my car for about 1,500 miles without any problems. I have the updated version which is supposed to be more friendly to MAF's. I haven't heard anyone with the new version have any MAF problems.

I hope I didn't just jinx myself...!
Old 11-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Turbohead
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Mine is 03
FVD 590 flash
K16/ 24 hybrids
OEM ported and polished headers,
Fabspeed GEN 3
Forge Diverters
EVo Intake Dry.
Car is really strong no lights or issues I'm happy.
Elliot
Attached Images  
Old 11-06-2007, 11:35 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 314 Likes on 218 Posts

I ran mine for 2 years, approximately 30,000 miles with FVD stage 2 and stage 4 with no MAF issues. When my car was still under warranty, I would remove it prior to dealer visits and could feel the power difference each time it was swapped...I happen to like the V-Flow a lot...
2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook

Old 11-06-2007, 11:43 PM
MidnighTT
Racer

An aftermarket intake is going to result in more power if it is less restrictive (less pressure drop at any given flow rate) than the stocker and if the stocker's level of restriction was actually causing decreased cylinder filling at WOT. Looks to me as though the 996tt stocker has a LOT of filter area, and that the aftermarket products have the same diameter tube at the MAF. That suggests no room for significant improvement short of reworking everything upstream of the turbos.

Bottom line is that I'm having a hard time believing any vendor's claimed dyno gains by just swapping the intake air box. My $.02

Edit: John D the second, I was typing when you posted. With all due respect, I've always been suspicious of claims to "feel" a power difference. There are so many things that influence our perception of power. If the v-flow makes more intake noise, that noise can cause a perception of power. Anyone who's ridden in an uber Benz knows that the relative silence makes the acceleration almost eerie because your brain gets conflicting signals. The eyes say holy $#@! and the ears say "nothing happening".

Jeff
Old 11-06-2007, 11:49 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Drop me a call. I have a GB on the cans for your car!
Old 11-07-2007, 12:31 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Jeff,

Before purchasing the V-Flow, I inquired about dyno results. Stephen at IA has V-Flow test dyno's that demonstrate a significant power gain over the stock box. I guess this comes down to whether you believe the dynos or not. If you factor in the 127 MPH trap speeds my car achieved with this hardware and it is obvious the car ran strong with it. Not to mention the improved throttle response, which is a great added benefit. All that said, I am not making any guarantees for EVO, but I will say my car runs better with the V-Flow than the stock box and I am extremely pleased with the product. I would encourage anyone interested in the V-Flow to contact Stephen for the Dyno results and they can decide for themselves...again, I feel it is a great product and changes the way the car behaves in a positive manner - IMO, just the throttle response improvement is worth it.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:11 AM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

hype.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:44 AM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had the EVO intake for about 6-7 mo, no problems at all. I did not notice a significant improvement, except for the sound of the intake (more aggressive). Interesting data on the dyno!
Old 11-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Turbohead
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by John D II
Jeff,

Before purchasing the V-Flow, I inquired about dyno results. Stephen at IA has V-Flow test dyno's that demonstrate a significant power gain over the stock box. I guess this comes down to whether you believe the dynos or not. If you factor in the 127 MPH trap speeds my car achieved with this hardware and it is obvious the car ran strong with it. Not to mention the improved throttle response, which is a great added benefit. All that said, I am not making any guarantees for EVO, but I will say my car runs better with the V-Flow than the stock box and I am extremely pleased with the product. I would encourage anyone interested in the V-Flow to contact Stephen for the Dyno results and they can decide for themselves...again, I feel it is a great product and changes the way the car behaves in a positive manner - IMO, just the throttle response improvement is worth it.
I bought John's D old set up ,and as I said no problems just smooth power.
Elliot
Old 11-07-2007, 02:58 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Also, Protomotive had to write a specific program for a 600 level car that had V-Flow with ported headers. It dynoed about 25HP additional than cars without these two items. Proto has no reason to claim increases for EVO.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed, FVD Tuning and EVO air intake