Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Threw on a set of Europipes....

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike: Since I have the X50 package...the car already comes with the G24 turbos and a different exhaust system along with some other GT2 applications. The one thing left that I don't particularly like is the long throw on the shifter. I may consider going to an SSK unit before too long. I'm not sure whether the X50 has any stock suspension enhancements in it.

Which performance flash are you considering? I had GIAC on my 99 and was pretty happy with it...but it is a bit more pricey than some of the other brands. I won't entertain flashing it till the CPO runs out.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:32 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Mike: Since I have the X50 package...the car already comes with the G24 turbos and a different exhaust system along with some other GT2 applications. The one thing left that I don't particularly like is the long throw on the shifter. I may consider going to an SSK unit before too long. I'm not sure whether the X50 has any stock suspension enhancements in it.

Which performance flash are you considering? I had GIAC on my 99 and was pretty happy with it...but it is a bit more pricey than some of the other brands. I won't entertain flashing it till the CPO runs out.
Chuck, did you have the SSk in your '99 NA 996? If so, what brand... OEM or B&M?

The reason I ask is because I was reading a thread on the 997 Turbo Forum that was discussing the 997 version of the OEM short shifter, which is slightly different from the B&M or the 996 OEM short shifter (which B&M made). The comments were that the 997 version of the OEM shifter was smoother than its predecessor. I thought that might be of some interest to you.

Here is the link. https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ighlight=short
Old 11-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tim: Yes, I had a B and M, and coincidentally, that's the one mod I'm considering at this point. It seems that these TT's have an inordinately long shift pattern which I don't like. I really liked the B and M in the 996, and was considrinng that for this car. If the shifting is much smoother in the 997 style, I'd definitely consider it. thanx for the heads up....I'll check out the link.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Zippy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones

Right Chuck. You already have the "K"24 turbos and GT2 intercoolers on your X50. The X50 has the same 'springy' suspension as the Turbo. There is a OEM suspension option some guys here have installed called the X73 option. I'm not sure what it entails, but it might fit your needs, and the dealership can install it. The dealer will also sell you a SSK that is made by B&M and branded Porsche.

There seem to be a lot of viable options for a basic flash these days. If I was in your shoes, I would be finding out more information about Kevin @ UMW's K24 trade in and flash ECU plan. It sounds very interesting for guys wanting to keep things simple.

Mike

Quick Reply: Threw on a set of Europipes....