Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSM and ABS lights coming on....??

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 01:58 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MK: You're right...I don't know if it's ever been flashed....I think it's probably just coincidence, but I started having the problems after I had the car smogged. I realize that smog checks just plug into the DME and have a read-only program....but I never had any of the CEL or missing until after the smog check......I need to get back to Loren and have him run it on his PTS2 or whatever it's called.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Loren
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My software can tell you if it has been flashed.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:28 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Ran the car on Loren's new software and confirmed that it has never been flashed. His new software has a pretty extensive litany of tests it goes thru. It showed random misfires on cylinders 5 and 2....but since the initial incident with the CEL's, there has been no recurrence of the problem. There was no reference or record of the PSM and ABS lights that came on.....so I'll just drive it and not worry about it unless it happens again.

Only possiblities are a fouled plug(s) or perhaps a bad coil. Plugs were changed out at 15K by the dealer...and I currently have 21K on it.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:50 AM
ZX9RCAM
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Ran the car on Loren's new software and confirmed that it has never been flashed. His new software has a pretty extensive litany of tests it goes thru. It showed random misfires on cylinders 5 and 2....but since the initial incident with the CEL's, there has been no recurrence of the problem. There was no reference or record of the PSM and ABS lights that came on.....so I'll just drive it and not worry about it unless it happens again.

Only possiblities are a fouled plug(s) or perhaps a bad coil. Plugs were changed out at 15K by the dealer...and I currently have 21K on it.
As I stated, my bad coil only showed signs at high RPMs.......then it went away.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Lewbo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Annoying PS & ABS Warning AGAIN!!!

I had this problem before I found out the MAF was going bad so I bought a new one (not cheap @ about $520) only 5 months back, I have now flashed my ECU with FVD software which I am very pleased with, today I opened her up - only to have my face planted into the windscreen - lost all power for about 2 seconds then the warning light came on (PSM & ABS) the car was running ruff on the drive home. I suspect it's the MAF again. I have a EVO V-Flow intake fitted - starting to regret it now. I will be purchasing the diagnostic software along with yet another new MAF sensor. Pissed off with this problem time and again!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Really sorry to hear about your recurring problem. I think that's one of the main reasons I'm not going to do any mods (other than the Europipes) until after the CPO warranty runs out. I find it strange that the ABS and PSM lights come on together....but in your case, the car ran rough after you gave it a blast of power....in my case, it just pulled slightly to the right at a stopsign. There's something of a common denominator with the way these cars throw a CEL for both the ABS and CEL....but I can't figure out what it is. Maybe it is the MAF.

Quick Reply: PSM and ABS lights coming on....??