Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dent repair access on top of rear fender?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007 | 09:22 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Dent repair access on top of rear fender?

I think this was discussed awhile back but.......it's pretty easy to get minor depressions (not really 'dents') on the top of ea. rear fender. It's a tough spot to get at for paintless dent repair. I first tried from the rear tail light....also the intercooler duct.
What's the answer?
I had it up on the hoist w/rear wheels off........thought pulling the wheel well shoud would not be biggy.......shop quoted me over $400. just for disassemble-reassemble time (not counting my paintless dent guy)....this was for both sides.

Golly, is it that tought to get at this spot?.....I know the intercooler piece pretty well hugs the skin & that doesn't help. Any comments welcome.....TIA.
Old 09-28-2007 | 12:40 PM
Last930
Burning Brakes

The wheel liner and intercooler plumbing need to come out, then there is good access. It's a pita, but better than paint work...
Old 09-28-2007 | 12:47 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Dave is correct.. You have to remove the right IC, and wheel liners.. There will be a metal access plate that has around 12 bolts to remove.. You will also have to remove the side intake inlet. Once removed you can access to the black duct/tube that runs from the side inlet to the IC. With the duct out you have full access under the 1/4 panel..
Old 09-28-2007 | 12:51 PM
atlshaver
Rennlist Member

What they said. Took me about 30 minutes to lift the car, remove the wheel, and get the panels removed. Took my dent guy 5 minutes to fix. Well worth the effort.
Old 09-28-2007 | 01:01 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by atlshaver
What they said. Took me about 30 minutes to lift the car, remove the wheel, and get the panels removed. Took my dent guy 5 minutes to fix. Well worth the effort.
30 minutes?.........boy, why are they quoting me $200. per side (after car is up and wheels off) just to get at it and then re-assemble?
Old 09-28-2007 | 04:58 PM
CLL ACAB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Does anyone know of of dent removal service in the LA/Ventura area that could do this? I have a dent right on the edge of the fender above the wheel and I have had two dent guys tell me that they can't get to it.
Thanks
Dave

Quick Reply: Dent repair access on top of rear fender?