Sponsored by:

Pulled the pin finally

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 04:00 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pulled the pin finally

After much debate...endless searching thru posts, discussion threads, eBay, Dupont Registry, Craigslist, Hemmings, PCA, and Google....I pulled the pin on an 02 996TT X50 in midnight blue/black interior with 19K on the clock, aero kit, and one year CPO. I'll have a PPI done also, but it's probably really not necessary.

It just got to the point that it was like a kid in a candy store not knowing which jar to dip into, and going back and forth unable to decide. I've privately emailed a number of you good folks with specific questions (some rather inane) as well as solicited open comments from the open forum, and would like to thank you all individually and collectively for the knowledgeable, informative, and honest opinions and suggestions and feedback I've received. I feel as though I've made the best informed and intelligent (?) decision as possible with all the input and research.

Of course I'll be posting the appropriate pictures upon receipt of the car, and am looking forward to joining the 996 TT forum after all my time on the 996 and 930 forums. I still have my 87 factory slant which I'll probably be selling since I really don't need both. I'll be using the TT as a daily driver.

Regards,

Chuck
Old 09-21-2007, 08:03 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

great choice
Old 09-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Midnight blue/black... that must look awesome!! Be sure to post photos of your new beast!!!

Congratulations!
Old 09-21-2007, 12:01 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Sweet!
Old 09-21-2007, 12:26 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

Congrats and good luck.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:53 PM
Last930
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that the car from Wisconsin?
Old 09-21-2007, 03:07 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

congrats, welcome and good luck!!
Old 09-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Olli
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations Chuck! Looking forward to seeing pics of your new car and your impressions of course.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:02 PM
C DeVito
Racer

Chuck,

Congrats and welcome to the forum. So is it the Wisconsin car and where are the Pics????
Old 09-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Carmen: Would have answered sooner, but the server for the forum has been down....yes, this is the Wisconsin car...as someone else has asked. That means if you want pictures, you can go to the ad which will have a disclaimer "Sale Pending" on it. The dealer has been most accomodating and has agreed to change out any fluids that are more than a year old...new Pirelli's on the back etc etc etc. He's placing it as a 9.5 out of 10....may have a slight stone chip on the front bumper. Other than that, he's describing it as perfect.

This will be the second Porsche I've bought this way, and if you check out the history of the dealer, you usually have no problems. I've been very pleased with my last transaction and have no reason to doubt this one.
Carmen: How can I have pictures if the car hasn't been shipped yet? Since you have the same midnite blue car, just post a picture of yours and I'll say it's mine. Yours has the aero kit right? Same car. Since shipping depends upon the schedule of the shippers and the fact they want to fill their transport trailers to make the trip worth it....I'd say I'll probably have it in 7-10 days. Needless to say, I am a bit anxious.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:59 PM
C DeVito
Racer

Chuck,

Congrats man. I don't have the Aero kit, wish I did. Sweet car, I love that look. You got a great deal and you picked the right color.
Should look like this....wish you all the best with it
Attached Images  

Last edited by C DeVito; 09-23-2007 at 12:17 AM.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:55 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Carmen: The more I see the color (haven't seen it in person)....the more I like it. I'm sure it's going to suit me just fine....but I still like the Iris Blue....just can't seem to find it in any of the cars I search for ....over a four month period. Richard Sloan had an 03 TT X50 in Iris Blue he wanted $85K for, and I wouldn't pay that amount. Someone else did. Thanx for the pics of your car....looks great.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:23 AM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Received 299 Likes on 121 Posts

Congrats!!

You will absolutely love it!!

Here are some photos of midnight blue which will keep you hanging for yours to be delivered!!
Attached Images      
Old 09-23-2007, 07:34 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome and congrats. IMHO, midnight blue is one of the best looking colors on the TT body. If you are like me, I don't even want to drive my other car anymore. I too am putting it up for sale.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Condor: Those are STUNNING pictures...and they give me a really good idea of how it's going to look. However my garage looks nothing like yours....and that gallery of cars you have in the background is awesome. Thank you so much for the pics....they will definitely keep me anxiously waiting for that transport to show up. I'll save off those photos...

Land jet: We all have our favorite colors...but after owning that Iris Blue...and seeing how it drew compliments and lookers like bees to honey....convinced me that it wasn't just me who thought that the blue was the right combo for these cars.....consequently, it make it much more difficult to find a car when you have color as a major part of the criteria.....but like some of the guys on the forum have said...it you have the cash ready and are willing to wait and watch....you'll eventually find your car. I would have preferred Iris Blue again, but from the pictures Condor sent, I dont' think I'm going to be disappointed. Great pics Condor!! Are those professionally done?

Quick Reply: Pulled the pin finally