Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I bought a new car from Kevin at UMW ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 11:59 PM
alpha1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink I bought a new car from Kevin at UMW ...

Well, ... not really -- Kevin at UMW has NOT expanded his business to selling cars. But I did just get Kevin's ECU programming, and it is a noticeable increase in power.

I don't usually double post the same thread on two different boards, but I would like to thank Kevin publicly for his helpfulness.

I bought my car 2 years ago (used '01 996tt), and came to the conclusion (with the help of forum members) that my ECU was flashed. In search of more power, I contacted Kevin at UMW off and on via email over the past year, and he told me that his ECU programming could improve on my current performance. I chose UMW because of Kevin's reputation for customer service and immense knowledge of the Porsche Turbos. Kevin even asked me what octane gas I have in my area prior to the programming. I started the ECU tuning process about a week ago, and after a few FedEx packages back and forth, I loaded the UMW ECU program today.

Definitely more power in the mid through upper RPM range, and more enjoyable to drive. The Pocket Programmer (named PP100 in the paperwork) is small -- about 3.5 x 1.8 x 1 inches -- and the included instructions are easy enough even for me to follow. The UMW price was about the same as my local GIAC supplier, but at the same price I get to keep the PP100 and can reflash from performance to stock files whenever I want to (but I don't think I want to!).

Thank you Kevin for your help and support. I am glad to be a member of the UMW family.

Steve
Old 09-06-2007, 12:02 AM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

Congrats Steve and welcome to the family bro.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 336 Likes on 224 Posts

Steve;

It's a pleasure that I was able to help.

Welcome to the Ultimate Motorwerks family..

For those that have purchased a new 996TT. There are many options for performance upgrades. I ask do request that you give me a call (360.805-9066) or email me. I will spend the time, one on one to answer your questions and to give you options. I am NOT the cheapest "tune" in town, however, I do have options that most folks don't have. And 99% of the time when you call or email me, you will get access to me..

Steve, again Thank You and have fun....
Old 09-10-2007, 03:13 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Steve, I can second your comments. I just flashed mine (02 TT X50), with Kevin's help, and it's like a whole different car now! Lots more power mid-range, and the acceleration is just CRAZY!
I really have to thank y'all for this. If it wasn't for Rennlist, I'd never known about Kevin and his excellent products. Keep up the good work, Kev!

Quick Reply: I bought a new car from Kevin at UMW ...