Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would I be happy with a 996TT coming from a 2006 M5?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Adam Bowles
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the valuable input guys. Saturday can't come soon enough.

As far as the over-rev issue - can the dealer check for the type-2 overrevs? I have a very good relationship with the dealer, so hopefully they will decide in my favor with any big warranty issues.

Now the good (mod) stuff:

My M5 is fairly heavily modded, so I may be modding the 996 as well (if I do decide on it).

I would probably only do engine mods, as I am tired of a very stiff and bumpy ride that is associated with lowering springs and plus sized wheels/tires.

I would probably start with an ECU/engine tune and go from there. Basically the only company I am framiliar with is EVOMS. I got on their site last night as was looking around, and figured I would start with a Stage 1 or Stage 2 kit. Does anyone recomend this approach, or is there a better way? I want the car to be reliable and totally driveable, but want a little extra oomph.

I apologize if some of this stuff has been asked several times in the past, but I just don't know where to start with the turbo.

Any input is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Adam
Old 08-21-2007, 11:01 PM
MidnighTT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be sure to check out Ultimate Motorwerks, as well. I have their "Stage 2 Zero Clearance" setup and the 5-bar fuel pressure regulator / race gas tune. Very entertaining!

click here for the web site

Call Kevin as well as checking out the web site. He has much more to offer than what's posted there.

Jeff
Old 08-22-2007, 10:14 AM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam Bowles
I would probably only do engine mods, as I am tired of a very stiff and bumpy ride that is associated with lowering springs and plus sized wheels/tires.

I would probably start with an ECU/engine tune and go from there. Basically the only company I am framiliar with is EVOMS.

LOL! What did you expect when you're rockin' 21's and springs?

How 'bout Protomotive? Don't know much about them either, but that one vid I saw on YouTube of the TT blowing away EVERYTHING is just insane.

Quick Reply: Would I be happy with a 996TT coming from a 2006 M5?