Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spoiler Failure 996TT

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 08:02 AM
jipettersen
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This (foult code) is happening on my car when parked over a long time (winter). Then i alway need to take it manually up and down a few times. Then it's OK and no problem during summer.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:55 PM
dantzig
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my case, the spoiler would not go up manually or automatically. I did hear some noise from the motor, but no motion. I bought and installed a new motor drive assembly, which solved the problem.

Being curious, I took the old one apart, and discovered that the problem was actually that the set screw on the motor drive into the hydraulics was loose. Tightened it, hooked it up to 12V, and it now works. Anybody wants to buy a used motor assembly, let me know.

Jon Dantzig
dantzig@uiuc.edu
Old 07-18-2007, 09:54 PM
toddabrams69
Track Day

i had the same warning light go on. i exercised the manual switch 3 times and it went away.
thanks to you guys, i did what you suggested and it worked! thanks again!
Old 07-18-2007, 10:41 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

In my case it was a faulty wiring harness, replaced by the dealer under warranty.
r34dy2walk: where were you? I was at the 31st CSH in Baghdad about 3 years ago (ARMY reserves). Good to hear you are back, thanks for your service. HOOAH! (It's an ARMY thing).
Old 07-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Woodster
Drifting

Rwalk,

Thank you for your service and bravery, we do APPRECIATE it at home in our
safe, luxurious surroundings!

I have the same problem and may be forced to go to a GT2 type spoiler.

MK
Old 09-28-2007, 08:51 AM
r34dy2walk
Track Day

I was assigned pretty much all over the MND-N area from Mosul to Q West to Tall-afar to.... Classifed. I was assigned to a RSTA united comprised of all Infantry / Scout Snipers so we were a small group running around with ODA towards the end of my deployment. Before that I was assigned to 1 CAV, 25 ID, 2 ID.

--------------------------------------

regarding my spoiler issue. apparently it was a leaky hydrolic pump? like there are times where i've noticed when i open up my engine compartment where i've noticed some fluid leaking from the spoiler pump area. my question now is... where is this fluid located in case i need to add some? they wanted $2,600 for repairs to replace the motor and the pump cause apparently you have to get both? and i cant currently afford that right now at my new station. plus with the winter season coming up here in the northeast, itll be hitting storage soon. i like to get my hands dirty so if i can i want to try to remedy this myself if i can. =(. any suggestions? all i know is that it leaks. its either i fix the hydrolic issue or just go with a fixed GT2 wing.

Quick Reply: Spoiler Failure 996TT