Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Congrats to Evolution Motorsports: First 9 Second 996TT!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 12:01 AM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone want to tackle the clutch question ?
Old 06-11-2007, 12:17 PM
rafiki
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That is my opinion anyway :cool:

Originally Posted by LUISJR993
Ahhh, nothing against Markski's acheivements (Which are phenomenal in their own right) but Evo has been "pushing the envelope and paving the way" (with Porsches) much longer than Markski.
Here is the vid of the fully registered and insured street driven 3.6 996 TT:
http://media.putfile.com/EVOMS-967-1
Cheers,
Luis

Hi LuisSJR993

My comments posted on another forum are useful here:

" Don't consider myself a "hater" or a facilitator for any product or tuner as my car is still relativelly stock(not for long)...but given what is at stake and the commercial leveraging that will rightly flow from breaking the Porsche 996tt equivalent of the 4 minute mile, I think it would have been fair to have the car officially scrutinized prior to the run so that there is no ambiguity re: weight and mods.

Otherwise, there will always be legitimate questions asked about the relevance to daily driven cars and not everyone asking deserves to be labelled a "hater".

This is not meant to take anything away from the achievement."

I agree with you about Evoms track record, however, there is something more pure another 996tt owner pushing the envelope to get the best out of their own car vs a Tuner who is dooing it as part of R&D and marketing.

Not to take a anything away from Evoms, but if it was an Evoms customer that did this in an off the shelf kit that is Evoms signature, that would be a higher level of achievment again...

That is my opinion anyway

Quick Reply: Congrats to Evolution Motorsports: First 9 Second 996TT!