Sponsored by:

FVD replacement DME (stage 1 490PS) question

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 04:56 AM
Lewbo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FVD replacement DME (stage 1 490PS) question

I'm a newbie to Rennlist, I have a 996TT 2003 Tip, I am looking to buy a FVD DME, they have a replacement DME with software loaded, I wasn't keen on sending the OEM DME to be re-tweaked as I would like to keep it if anything go's pear shaped. Just wondering if anyone has tried this unit, if so what do you think? My car is standard apart from a K&N Panel filter and dual Forge Diverter valves, if I bought the new DME would it be possible to fit a new exhaust and set of headers later without changing the DME mapping? Many Thanks Lewis.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:15 AM
dgreen78
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome Lewis. The FVD flash is a great flash, there are a few on here that have the flash and are very happy. You do not need to send out your ECU again if you add exhaust or headers. The stage 1 and stage 2 are identical programming. You do however need to have another flash if going with bigger turbos.

There are many tuners with some great packages. I would do your homework and use the search button to get an idea of where you want to go with the car. I would try UMW, FVD, EVOMS, Protomotive, etc. and see what each has to offer.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:50 AM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

fvd is a top knotch organization, I highly recomend them
Old 05-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 339 Likes on 225 Posts

Lewbo;

Yes you can install the exhaust without doing the ECU. Don't waste your money on headers..

Why change your ECU.. Leave it in the car..

You can flash programs into your ECU thru your OBD2 diagnostic port. This means that customers have the decisions to choose which program he load into the ECU. You also get to retain your stock program.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:42 AM
Lewbo
Intermediate

Thanks Kevin this sounds like a better option, where can I get the flash programme uploaded into the ecu, will it have to be sent the to company if I can't get it done locally? - sorry I'm new with this flash stuff, and which would you recommend? also is the manual programme the same as the Tip S. Cheers.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:55 AM
jcb-memphis
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Lewbo, call or email Kevin. I have the UMW unit in my car. Only advice: strongly consider the BOV's at the same time. You get to avoid the clutch issue. Best.
(I am biased, as I have a UMW unit which works quite well, same stage as your goal save a manual tranny.....ECU never leaves your car, you never leave your house.....)
JB
Old 05-11-2007, 08:10 AM
Lewbo
Intermediate

Ok, just been in touch with Revo technik here in Dubai, I can get the software loaded along with Handheld control unit - they are offering a good range of control devices, the one I'll probably go for is the SPS-2 I can change from the Stock programme to performance programmes with specific octane settings 95/98, which is ideal as it's sometimes difficult to get Super (98 Ron) here, there's also a security setting. By the way where is the OBD-2 port in the 996 TT - under the dash? - I'm not at home right now so I can't check. Many Thanks for the help Guys!

Quick Reply: FVD replacement DME (stage 1 490PS) question