Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does the "supple leather" option wear well?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 12:36 PM
adrenalator
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does the "supple leather" option wear well?

I'm posting my question here because my bet is that you guys drive your cars regularly. I'm not so sure about the concourse forum.

I'm searching for a 996tt, which will be my first pcar. The pix I've seen of supple leather seats makes them look all wrinkly and maybe 1 small step away from tearing. The standard seats always look nice in the pictures.

For you guys sitting on them regularly - do your supple leather seats appear to be holding up well, or have you begun to think that the standard leather would have been a better choice for a regular driver?

Jeff
Old 03-04-2007, 01:23 PM
alpha1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I specifically got the supple leather on mine, but if I were to buy another I wouldn't do it next time. I like the look of it, but I guess because it is softer, it does seem to wear a bit more than the regular seats. Just my opinion.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:30 PM
skideals
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alpha1
I specifically got the supple leather on mine, but if I were to buy another I wouldn't do it next time. I like the look of it, but I guess because it is softer, it does seem to wear a bit more than the regular seats. Just my opinion.
I agree, I think the supple looks much better new but does not wear well. I bit like buying a P car in black, great when new, but harder to sell when it gets old.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:54 PM
T2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 48 Posts

Just shy of 138,000 miles on mt daily driver and my supple seats have worn VERY well - my dealer (who is a nut about cleanliness in the interior's in cars) was amazed at how well my seats have worn. Just my two cents. T2
Old 03-04-2007, 05:11 PM
atlshaver
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had supple in my 99 Carrera and when I sold it at 70K it looked great. I have the standard leather in my 03 Turbo and Boxster S and it has worn just as well. As long as you keep it clean and fed you should be fine with either option. IMO, the standard leather looks better.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:34 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

63K on mine and looks new

Quick Reply: Does the "supple leather" option wear well?