Stage 3B
Old 03-11-2007 | 07:41 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Kevin....
Old 03-11-2007 | 08:28 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Let me preface this comment by saying I do NOT have kevin's tuning...

My car has Kevin's K16/K24 GT1 turbos and it is hard to explain the power these turbos produce. My business partner is not unfamiliar with high HP cars, and today he took "Morticia" for a drive and came back looking green and ready to barf... His exact words were that the acceleration and braking on the car was more abrupt than any amusement park ride one could imagine... This is from a guy who races motorcycles...

Kevin's the MAN!
Mike
Old 03-11-2007 | 08:35 PM
KPG
Pro

Originally Posted by Mikelly
Let me preface this comment by saying I do NOT have kevin's tuning...
You have no idea what you are missing...
Old 03-11-2007 | 08:49 PM
KPG
Pro

Originally Posted by Rickard 993 Turbo
Is any pictures coming..?

Kevin can you list the hp on the kits, flywheel hp please

Stage 1
Stage 2
Stage 3A
Stage 3B
Rickard, most of the data is posted...the search function works well. In the beginning of this post here is what Kevin said about the stg1:

The Stage 1 will leave your "stock" X50 car links behind.. It's building boost quicker and more torque/power under the curve. We are also generated more boost than what you are seeing. You would have to mimic what Vincent did to keep up. From my humble experience.. Tuning for tuning, turbo for turbo, a stock K24 (virgin turbochargers) tuned will get walked on a tuned K16 hybrid package that "I" sell. And again, the modes that I do to the housings change the characteristic a the hybrid K16 based turbocharger..

Here is a stg2 and stg3A pump , and a 3A R+D race gas dyno sheets that have been posted for quite some time. Pick your loss factor and you have your flywheel HP...
Attached Images    

Last edited by KPG; 03-11-2007 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-11-2007 | 08:52 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

My numbers are similar at 510WHP and 532#ft. of torque... Although I'm using Upsolute and Kevin's GT1 setup. I may end up with his tuning and Europipe!

Mike
Old 03-13-2007 | 12:43 AM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Yes i know allt that KPG

But this is note what i asked

Im not intressted in US dyno in RWHP and loss factors...

I do not se anywhere the kit listed in Flywheel hp so that why i asked, i also would like to se they listed side by side not diffrent treads that all say diffretn, race gas,US pump fuel, and etc

So your info was nothing new and i have read all your treads hundres time but they dont give me the answears im seeking, i will email Kevin instead
Old 03-13-2007 | 02:15 AM
Zippy
Addict
Rennlist Member

What the hell happened to 3B? I don't know anyone who knows or is willing to tell me what 3B is in detail. What's the deal with stage 4? When is the crate engine option going to be available?
Attached Images  
Old 03-13-2007 | 04:27 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rickard, I don't have a engine dyno and even if I did I couldn't attach the ECU and full wiring harness to the engine. There is a overlayed dyno sheet the lower output is that of a 550 Ruf package, same engine same dyno, same conditions. SAE corrected factors are used.

Mike, Stage 4 is a Stage 3B on steriods.. Since these guys decided on the case work and the GT3R crank and rods we get to strap on some larger turbo's and we will see where the numbers will settle in.

3B gets rods and extensive headwork..
Old 03-13-2007 | 08:15 AM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kevin
Rickard, I don't have a engine dyno and even if I did I couldn't attach the ECU and full wiring harness to the engine. There is a overlayed dyno sheet the lower output is that of a 550 Ruf package, same engine same dyno, same conditions. SAE corrected factors are used.

Mike, Stage 4 is a Stage 3B on steriods.. Since these guys decided on the case work and the GT3R crank and rods we get to strap on some larger turbo's and we will see where the numbers will settle in.

Okey i understand

BUt the reason i ask is this

For example the kit i have from you is the 520-530hp tuning kit,i have exhoust,dv,UMW wg,bmc filter,and the software..this should give me 520-530...Like 80hp more then my car has stock, seams reasnoble for what the stock k24 will flow...

But other like "9eleven" on this forum has over 600hp with less modfication, so when KPG attach a dyno paper it says nothing in my eyes
Old 03-13-2007 | 09:55 AM
KPG
Pro

Originally Posted by Zippy
What the hell happened to 3B? I don't know anyone who knows or is willing to tell me what 3B is in detail. What's the deal with stage 4? When is the crate engine option going to be available?
Mike, I think this is "Mod Creep"...we just kept pushing the goal posts a little further away.If kevin had a nickel for everytime Tom and I said " NO, we are not going to do that upgrade" he would most likely be retired on some beach with a drink in his hand with those little umbrellas...lol... I would prefer to have an engine that is vastly overbuilt as opposed to living on the edge. It is nice to have some headroom for future, if any, mods that come down the line. If we choose to upgrade again, the engine is not part of the equation...it is built right, and built once. We can change the RPM level to suit future needs without concern. As I have said in the past, I can afford to do this right and do it once, but I cannot afford to do it over. Kevin
Old 03-13-2007 | 03:28 PM
Shark
Burning Brakes

Mike, Stage 4 is a Stage 3B on steriods...
What kind of steroids.......Dianabol, Winstrol, Primobolan, Oxandrolone, Trenbolone, Masteron.......

And are these oral steroids, or do I have to get a sweaty muscular guy to give me a shot in the ***?

These analogies are really useless without hard data
Old 03-13-2007 | 11:42 PM
Zippy
Addict
Rennlist Member

...ike, Stage 4 is a Stage 3B on steriods.. Since these guys decided on the case work and the GT3R crank and rods we get to strap on some larger turbo's and we will see where the numbers will settle in.

Thanks Kevin. I kinda figured this to be the case. When will we see a 3B or 4A on the road? Will there be creep to 4B or possibly 5A before they are settled for the driving season?
Old 03-14-2007 | 12:45 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Mike, I have a brand new crate engine being built along with the Stage 4's.. All new parts, GT3R crank, late style case, new heads, all new.. Maybe that will be the Stage 5... I can put your name on it..
Old 03-21-2007 | 01:34 AM
KPG
Pro

Here are some pics from the UMW head project. The finished port is on the exhaust side. The unfinished is from the intake and is used to show just how rough the casting is in stock form. There will not be any pics posted of the intake side, but the exhaust side shows the work required to get 300+ cfm flow. The head ports are all port matched to the gaskets as well so there is no excess gasket material that will impede airflow. We are very close. Kevin
Attached Images   

Last edited by KPG; 03-21-2007 at 03:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Motorwerks Stage 1 turbochargers and tuning package