Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 339 Likes on 225 Posts

Jag's my Stage 3 kit is going to be sold and marketed as a complete package in two version 3A and 3B.. At the entry into the marketplace I want to sell this kit based on what it can do in performance numbers vs a stack of dyno sheets.. With that said there are 6 customers all over this country that are/have fitting either Stage 3A or Stage 3B.. In a short matter of time their performance numbers will be establishing what this kit can do..
Old 01-01-2007, 07:09 PM
KPG
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jags911tt
unless these are one off customs?

Jag
Mine will be up and running in the near term, so it is a 2 off at a minimum...Oh, and the guy in NY...and TX...Fl and ... ok custom 5 off at a minimum
Old 01-01-2007, 07:12 PM
KPG
Pro

Originally Posted by Kevin
In a short matter of time their performance numbers will be establishing what this kit can do..
I will be one of them proudly carrying the UMW flag... carrying it rather quickly I might add Kevin
Old 01-01-2007, 07:59 PM
jags911tt
Instructor

Thanks Guys
Old 01-02-2007, 02:05 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Folks here a picture of the added hardware for my Stage 3b kit.. While developing the Stage 3 kit, I have reached HP and Torque levels that can be damaging to the stock rods. Hence version "B". The kit will include Arrow rods which are some of the best rods in the world. The finish and precision is second to none. The attention to detail is remarkable. Besides being more expensive to the US alternatives, they are lighter than the factory rod which is pictured on the left. ARP rod bolts are fitted as standard.

Cylinder heads will be included, fully rebuilt, but we must note that they will be ported and polished to increase the engine efficiency. Stiffer valves springs and Titanium retainers will be added so that we can raise the RPM safely.

These two mods will work hand in hand.

Old 01-02-2007, 03:32 PM
red993tt
Racer

I have seen these rods. They are indeed very light and have a better finish compare to the Carillos.
Kevin, are you using stock crankshaft in these Arrows.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Yes, the rods posted are for the 993TT/996TT crankshaft.. It will be designed for the "stock" crankshaft..
Old 01-03-2007, 03:02 AM
silversurfer
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tkerrmd
As much as I love these cars, you guys and going fast, that was a stupid video. Do it right at the right place or dont do it!
Tom, if you noticed where i was in the video...I never changed lanes at speed. I waited until there was no traffic in front of me on a section of road I know VERY well. If you look closely (around 40sec. and 53sec. in the video), you will see that there is no car anywhere around the semi when we came around the corner. For what it's worth, I've almost been run off the road by many a semi truck who didn't care about (or was oblivious to) his surroundings. I was born and raised in NYC, I basically learned to drive around taxis and bike messengers, I am confident of my defensive/offensive abilities on the street. However, I know I am not invincible and am very aware that others on the street are vulnerable. At any speeds, someone can do something stupid..please give me the benefit of the doubt and don't assume I don't know what I'm doing.

Last edited by silversurfer; 01-03-2007 at 03:30 AM.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:21 AM
Zippy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by silversurfer
Tom, if you noticed where i was in the video...I never changed lanes at speed. I waited until there was no traffic in front of me on a section of road I know VERY well. If you look closely, you will see that there is no car anywhere around the semi when we came around the corner. For what it's worth, I've almost been run off the road by many a semi truck who didn't care about (or was oblivious to) his surroundings. I was born and raised in NYC, I basically learned to drive around taxis and bike messengers, I am confident of my defensive/offensive abilities on the street. However, I know I am not invincible and am very aware that others on the street are vulnerable. At any speeds, someone can do something stupid..please give me the benefit of the doubt and don't assume I don't know what I'm doing.
OK. You're off the hook. Now do a damn 60-130 run the right way and tell us what she does!
Old 01-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Tom996
Intermediate

Kevin,

Tom U. here, I checked out the arrow rods, they look awsome! which ones are we getting?
titaniam or the steel rods?? I got my E pipe, what a work of art!

Tom
Old 01-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The rods are steel.. Do you want Titanium.. I'd like to supply you with a set.. Hey a group buy
Old 01-04-2007, 05:33 PM
KPG
Pro

Originally Posted by Kevin
The rods are steel.. Do you want Titanium.. I'd like to supply you with a set.. Hey a group buy
Oh no you dont... If he gets them, that means I have to as well... No way my LI buddy is going to get a leg up on me Kevin
Old 01-04-2007, 05:49 PM
lexpro
Intermediate

Originally Posted by silversurfer
At any speeds, someone can do something stupid..please give me the benefit of the doubt and don't assume I don't know what I'm doing.
No assumption required.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:43 PM
cpu77
Instructor

Wow thats impressive that thing takes off like a rocket!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:44 PM
KPG
Pro

My EP Loud arrived today as well... The workmanship really is at another level with this exhaust....The welds are just stunning...I was pointing out the welds to my wife and got the look like- just get it out of my living room.. Kevin had EP weld an extra O2 bung in there so I can datalog A/F in the future with a wideband. That looks perfect as well. Now this may sound strange, but I was really impressed with the packaging. The box and dividers were just as impressive as the product. All in all , looks like a great start to the Stage3B Zero Clearance Experience. Went to see my poor engine sitting on a table at the shop today waiting to be stripped down tomorrow... It is one unattractive motor out of the car...Kevin

Quick Reply: UMW Stage 3 VS 997TT