Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Warning - Beverly Hills Porsche Service Dept.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 02:21 PM
carrageous
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Agree on Park Place Dallas

mjc123 & austinl,

I can second (third?) your experience at Park Place Dallas, so I guess not all Porsche dealers are crooks. They took care of my 964 for years and always did a great job and took great care of me.

Sidney is an old pal and a great friend for any Porsche owner, or so I thought until I discovered she gives you a Boxster as a loaner!!! I never got that!

Dain
Old 12-14-2003, 06:31 PM
rks
Cruisin'

Carlsen Porsche of Redwood City, Ca has always been great to deal with for service. My '99 996 cab was 1 year out of warranty (17K) and they replaced RMS at no charge and clutch pressure plate for minimal charge. Brian Haske, the service consultant, has always been accomodating and is very personable. Had minor issues with new '04 tt cab which they addressed immediately. Good dealer with excellant service. Been using them for 25 years and will continue to do so.
Old 12-14-2003, 08:45 PM
LeeR
Racer

In defense of BH Porsche, I have had good experiences there, and know many people who feel the same. They're not without fault, and charge top dollar, but generally do good work and care. I have had both my Boxster and 993TT serviced there, and have concluded that they are much more concerned about cars under warranty than cars out of warranty. It took them 11 weeks to do a valve job on my Turbo. Some time wasted waiting for parts, but mostly they just took their time getting around to it. Warranty repairs I alway get a Boxster loaner.
Old 12-14-2003, 10:00 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

I had a dissapointing experience with my dealership Pacific Porsche lately. I had a problem recently again with my secondary air bank, this is the second time for this problem. Both times have been a simple fix, loose hose or clamp.

I had this problem resolved the first time through Pacific where I purchased my car, I had changed out my stock DV's with the BAiley DV's due to them not being able to figure out why my car was making the dreaded honking sound due to the stock Bosch were leaking. (honking) Dan the SA told me nothing is wrong they all make this noise. So I then just changed them out myself. Couldn't take the noise anymore progressively got louder.

Recently , I take the turbo back due to the same secondary air leak problem and Dan tells me that they can't work on the car due to the BAiley DV's causing the secondary leak, he considered this a modification and denied to work on the car due to the Bailey DV's.

I then take the turbo to another dealership Rusnak and have them look at the secondary air system, with out mentioning having the work done under warranty, and they immediately find a leak in a fitting. Simple change out of the fitting and alls well. This all done under warranty with out any fuss. The tech then tells me that the air leak had nothing to do with my Bailey DV's.

I then find out that they have been changing out the stock bosch DV's with the Bailey DV's as stock replacements! Dan from Pacific told me he considered the BAileys as a modified part!

Also had an Aerokit part that had been part of a recall notice that had been sitting there for months and no one called. The last time I had spoken to Dan about this he said it would be painted and he would call me when it's ready to be installed. Never heard back for months. I had to go down to Pacific to find out if the part had come in, it's been there for months and still had not been painted. Dan forgot all about the part and just sat there in the parts bin.

Rusnak had taken care of all this at one time with out even asking. They have a awsome service department.

Personally, I really like the guys at Pacific but have lost confidence in them.
I have come to the conclusion that Pacific isn't really upto what's going on or not really out to help the customer. I have sensed a resistance from them lately, I have heard this from other customers also. Have had good and bad experiences with them. Just thought I would share my personal experience with Pacific. I'm sure in the future this will make a difference in my choice of having them service and or make another purchase from them.
Old 12-15-2003, 12:26 AM
schvetkaaks
Pro

To play devil's advocate here (is that possible when I'm trying to be the GOOD guy in a thread of negativity??), I've had nothing but exemplary service from Pacific Porsche. I have only had to bring my Boxster S in for service twice in the year I've had it, and each time my situation was handled promptly and (while not quickly) efficiently. I was treated with respect, and I, in turn, gave them respect. I expect them to find problems with my car that I am not aware of and to date I believe they have gone over and above on many issues concerning the repair of issues I might have.

Typically when something goes wrong, we all have a tendency to jump on the bandwagon (I have done this with other cars of mine, and other dealers) so in situations like this, it's also nice to hear a completely positive comment, just to put all the cards on the table.

Sales at Pacific are another story, though...
Old 12-15-2003, 10:27 AM
TTRob
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oak, I've experienced the same problem with this AeroKit recall part. It's there, it wasn't painted, finally, it gets painted, then the adhesive strip wasn't in the kit, they reordered it, same thing - no adhesive strip in the kit...you get the idea. My question is: How does this piece look, because if it looks half ***, I won't bother. I understand this piece is only beneficial at sustained high speeds, circulating more air in the engine compartment for cooling purposes. TIA
Old 12-15-2003, 10:44 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

"I also own a 2001 Infiniti QX4, it cost me $34k, I have never had a single problem with it. When I bring it in for service they take care of it, the first time....go figure "

How would you know they take care of it the first time if it's never had a single problem to take care of?
Old 12-15-2003, 12:02 PM
Trojan Man
Burning Brakes

Wow talk about reviving a really old thread...

Well I did not have my Turbo when this thread was originally started, but I will add my 2 pfenigs now:

I bought my car @ BH Porsche and the sales guys were great.

Almost immediately after I bought the car, I had several small problems, and 1 safety issue that could have potentially cost my life, or at least my car's life (it was related to tires).

The first person i dealt with was not very friendly or helpful, but after that I started dealing with Larry (and Trevor) and he took care of business. All of my problems were fixed properly and expediently, and I was given a loaner.

As far as I am concerned, BH service is the best (and most expensive in SO CAL).
Old 12-15-2003, 01:33 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Rob, depending on the ambient temps this piece should help air flow. Check your PM.

schvetkaaks, simple service is one thing, having to deal with problems that should be covered under warranty is another.
Old 12-15-2003, 02:05 PM
dpj
Instructor

Originally posted by LeeR
In defense of BH Porsche, I have had good experiences there .......It took them 11 weeks to do a valve job on my Turbo. Some time wasted waiting for parts, but mostly they just took their time getting around to it.
No Offense....thats sounds like awful service to me....11 weeks!

And to the angry guy....

Originally posted by ben in lj
"I also own a 2001 Infiniti QX4, it cost me $34k, I have never had a single problem with it. When I bring it in for service they take care of it, the first time....go figure "

How would you know they take care of it the first time if it's never had a single problem to take care of?
The car does get regular servicing from Infiniti....15k,30k and 45k mile services have all been inexpensive, quick and routine. The car has NEVER been in for any warranty work.

I have had similar experiences with Acura when I owned a 99 NSX T. No problems....pleasant dealers.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:19 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 23 Posts

my comments on the first page of this thread, written over a year ago still obtain.

Trevor runs a great service group. I still go there, i still get great service.
Old 12-20-2003, 01:58 AM
mjc123
Instructor

While on the subject of dealers, I bought my latest car from The Porsche Store in Plano, TX and have NEVER had better service - anywhere - including Sewell Lexus in Dallas renowned for their quality service.

Just an example, I was a bit low on oil the other day so I stopped by the dealer to pick up a quart. First of all, the parts manager just handed it to me and said "no charge"; then when I lifted the hood to add the quart a service manager ran over and said "what are you doing? Let us take care of that" then proceeded, in 10 minutes, to top off the oil and check all other fluids, at no charge, leaving the original quart of oil I went there to "purchase" in the trunk in case I needed it in the future. What an investment on their part! this cost them virtually nothing and I can't stop raving aout it!

They have been equally as cooperative and competitive on the sales side, and needless to say I am a converted Porsche customer, although this dealer is 20 miles farther away from my house than Park Place (FYI we Dallasites drive as short a distance as possible for auto service, so this is really saying something!)
Old 12-20-2003, 02:59 AM
Jim Nowak
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matt,

Kind of off topic but it is a service related question. Anyway, I see you also have a F355. How would you rate the F355 in terms of quality as compared to your Porsche? How about the quality of service from your dealer? I would assume you go to Ferrari of Dallas in Plano?
Old 12-20-2003, 05:30 AM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 78 Posts

i love Pacific Porsche. i just love them. can't find anyone nicer out there compare to them. maybe i just know all of them up to a personal level... trust me, this is very, very important in terms of servicing a Porsche.

oak,
sorry to hear that, but i believe Dan won't do this to me. like i suggested above, this is sad, but very true!
Old 12-20-2003, 02:29 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

20C4S, I like the guys at Pacific also, they are a nice group of guys. I didn't think they would do so either, maybe if your car is totally stock he probably wouldn't have any issues. I think that if your car is modded, is where he has problems.

I don't think he is up on all the info on what's going on, this was quite evident from the beginning with the DV's failing. And now he considered the Bailey DV's a mod when Porsche has replaced the failing Bosch units with the Baileys.

This is the second time my turbo has been in to have the secondary air light, Pacific attended the problems. the second time the car was in exactly the same condition with only a few thousand miles more since the last time they had serviced it. Could it be the problem wasn't addressed correctly the first time? This is what bothers me. I have lost confidence. It isn't personal.

I'm happy you are satisfied with Pacific, I wish I could say the same.

It's really no big deal. Just thought I would share my personal experience.

Quick Reply: Dealer Warning - Beverly Hills Porsche Service Dept.