Sponsored by:

How to shoot flames

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 02:42 PM
msindi
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post How to shoot flames

Out of curiosity, I was wondering waht I would need to do to my TT (in terms of mods) to make it shoot flames?? Would flames shoot up on upshifts or downshifts?? Does anyone currently have their TT doing this??
Old 06-05-2003, 02:46 PM
bitburger
Intermediate

Shooting flames like the Gemballa GTR750? I talked to them....it'll be $150K later.
Old 06-05-2003, 02:47 PM
mjc123
Instructor

<a href="http://www.studz.freeserve.co.uk/creatures/flame.htm" target="_blank">CHECK THIS OUT</a>

Just let me know your license plate number so I can be sure to keep my distance!
Old 06-05-2003, 02:55 PM
Frank Sinatra
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you ran a straight exhaust, no cats, no muffler, you could probably do it. I have a friend who drives a fairly quick Camaro SS running straight exhaust, he gets a nice flame coming out the back every now and then. Nothing like the Gemballa though. And if you did go the straight exhaust route, your car would become really loud, but thats good in my opinion. Hot rodders rig up a system were you push a button and get a nice big flame. Like the Mercury in Gone in 60 seconds. I think they use a sparkplug in the exhaust pipe, and spray some type of flamable liquid on it. It ignites just like your car does when its firing a cylinder. Hope that makes sense, i had to type it fairly quick
Old 06-05-2003, 03:06 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by msindi:
<strong>Out of curiosity, I was wondering waht I would need to do to my TT (in terms of mods) to make it shoot flames?? Would flames shoot up on upshifts or downshifts?? Does anyone currently have their TT doing this??</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">I have straight pipes and there's a video of my car flaming a little.... It runs rich so...
Old 06-05-2003, 03:13 PM
msindi
Three Wheelin'

sahrk - what straight pipes do you have?? Where did you get them and for how much??
Also, will headers help make it easier to flame??
Old 06-05-2003, 03:36 PM
KPV
Burning Brakes

Are you guys really serious? You want flames?
Old 06-05-2003, 04:02 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by msindi:
<strong>sahrk - what straight pipes do you have?? Where did you get them and for how much??
Also, will headers help make it easier to flame??</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">I have Fabspeed straight pipes. Sounds cool too.
Old 06-05-2003, 04:03 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by KPV:
<strong>Are you guys really serious? You want flames?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Heh- I never said I wanted them.. I was just saying that my pals have filmed strange stuff aka flames come out....
Old 06-05-2003, 05:09 PM
msindi
Three Wheelin'

how loud are the straight pipes shark??
Old 06-05-2003, 05:19 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

<strong>how loud are the straight pipes shark??</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">I like 'em but they are very loud apparently. Inside the cabin there's no resonance because there's no resonator There are/were a few videos that I posted a while back....
Old 06-05-2003, 05:21 PM
msindi
Three Wheelin'

do you know if i can buy fabspeed's straight pipes with the modular cats but without the exhaust??
Old 06-05-2003, 06:36 PM
mjc123
Instructor

FYI, the dealer is modifying my exhaust to bypass the muffler. Will have it back tomorrow. Should be an interesting experiment anyhow.
Old 06-05-2003, 08:46 PM
Frank Sinatra
Racer

That should be a cool project mjc, there was a thing on a show called Trucks, i think thats what its called, were they showed how to do this. Post pics if possible.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:02 AM
william996tt
Cruisin'

A well tuned car shouldn't shoot flame from the exhaust.

Usually when tuner can not determine the perfect Air to Fuel ratio, but instead they tuned the car to full rich rather than lean to ensure safety setup. As the result, unburned fuel will left in the exhaust and turn into flame.

I am not sure if stock turbo can shoot flame without modification of the ECU to reprogram A/F mapping.

Quick Reply: How to shoot flames