Sponsored by:

NADA vs. Kelley's Blue Book

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 06:07 PM
ryangambrill
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NADA vs. Kelley's Blue Book

I have another thred going where I am talking about trying to make a decision between a new 997 or 996 TT. I have noticed that finding a 996 TT is not a problem. What is a little harder is knowing when you have found a good or fair deal.

Is it even worth using NADA or KBB as a guide for purchasing a 996TT?

-Ryan
Old 09-25-2006, 03:20 AM
cmalana
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did quite a bit of research before finally pulling the trigger, but from the datapoints I gathered (not asking prices), I came up with these as MY guidelines (nothing official - just what I used as my rule of thumb):

2001: You can get clean ones for mid 60's. If they have some sort of special option or upgrades you want, I'd be prepared to go on the higher side of 'mid'. Again, mileage dependent.

2002: Can be had for high 60's. If x50, we're talking mid-high 70's (depending on other options you may care about like aerokit, CF, etc.). Sometimes, we're a bit in the low 80's.

2003: Low 80's for clean ones, x50 closer to mid 80's to high 90's.

Like I said above, depending on your particular preferences, you may give a premium for some mods, options. I generally preferred cars with aerokits or original cosmetic mods (like Techart, etc.) as well as the ones with the x50 option. I was also looking for something with an upgraded suspension and exhaust since I would most likely end up doing that. For my circumstance, I didn't really give any value to aftermarket stereo systems.

I limited my search to the ones with mileage less than 30k. I also found that you have to search fairly hard to get a nice 1-owner one. There are a lot of cars out there that have been owned by current owner for about a year or even less and I personally wasn't comfortable with those situations.

Hope this helps...

Quick Reply: NADA vs. Kelley's Blue Book