Sponsored by:

PES Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 12:26 PM
skaria
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post PES Tuning

Has anyone heard of this company? They claim that the Evo kits are really their kits rebadged. I ran across them looking for a pulley upgrade for MB SLK. They are finishing up their Stage 5 kit supposedly good for 700+ HP for $30K.
Old 05-29-2003, 08:26 PM
Todd @ Evolution Motorsports
AutoX

Hi Skaria,
PES and EVO have partnered in the development of Porsche, Audi, and VW products (GIAC provides our custom software). The vast experience that we all have in all 3 marques will yield better products for our customers. The stage 5 system is a collaborative effort. The system is unlike anything on the market today.
I happen to be at EVO today when I saw your post. PES & EVO will be entering a stage 4 996TT and a highly modified Audi TT in the "Eurotuner Magazine GP" at "Willow Springs" raceway this coming week.
Customers on the west coast should contact EVO while easterners should contact PES. Either way you will be getting quality service from the "team" that developed the kit. There is no competition between us. I just wanted to clarify. Thanks for your interest in our products.

Regards,
Tony Ricci
PES
(using Todd@EVO's computer today ;&gt
Old 05-29-2003, 09:36 PM
KPV
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Skaria,
What are you doing to that poor little SLK?
Old 05-30-2003, 12:18 PM
skaria
Advanced

Hi,

I have no intentions of modifying my car any more than it is... maybe an exhaust some time in the future. I was curious because I wanted to do a pulley upgrade for my wife's SLK and ran across the PES Tuning website and called them. When I told them about my Porsche, they started talking about the Stage 1-4 kits and they sounded exactly like the Evo kits... so I inquired further mainly because of curiousity. I have never heard of PES Tuning on this forum but have heard a lot about EVO. Just wondering why that was. $30K+ is down payment on another condo, so I have an issue with buying depreciating assets. ;-)

Ken,

There is a pulley kit which involves relocating the MAS for the SLK which pumps the HP from 185 to about 230 and gets rid of a flat spot in power in the 3K RPM range. Can't lose for $750! and people on the SLK forum has been running the different pulley for years w/o problems.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:30 PM
KPV
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Skaria,
Please send me the links and any other pertinent info concerning the pulley upgrade.
Thanks,
Ken

Quick Reply: PES Tuning