Sponsored by:

lazer jammers -lidatek or blinder?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 03:57 PM
sporters78
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post lazer jammers -lidatek or blinder?

i need to add a lazer jammer to my car, south florida police have a lot of lazer. i'm doing a ruf engine conversion at the end of the month and my speeds will be even faster. i had a lidatek le-20 on my M5 and it worked, but they have a new model coming out soon [le-30 anyone know when?] blinder has here new x-treme series out now. any ideas?
Old 07-05-2003, 05:09 PM
msindi
Three Wheelin'

I would wait for the LE-30 (that's what I am doing on my TT!!)...I was told end of the summer is when the new LE-30 will be out
Old 07-05-2003, 06:28 PM
washington951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1 or 2 transponders? i'm not running a front plate and my 951 only has headlight aiming point at night when the lights are up....i'm thinking one transponder right in the center of the nose....

thoughts?
Old 07-05-2003, 08:04 PM
msindi
Three Wheelin'

Lidatek has one or two transponder systmens on their current LE-20 and I think the LE-30 will be the same (rumor has it that they will also finally be offering a rear diffuser...)
Old 07-05-2003, 08:06 PM
Zippy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Not only is Lidatek coming out with an upgraded to the LE-20 (probably to be called LE-30), they are also coming out with a second generation to the LE-10 (probably called the LE-35). From what I understand, both models will come with a higher sensitivity reciever than the LE-20. The LE-30 will use similiar 'stealth' technology as in the current LE-20... slipping in a few extra return lazer pulses to screw up the lazer gun's ability to measure your speed. The LE-35 uses the machine gun approach to totally over power the lazer gun. This is a more effective jamming technique, but also an obvious jamming situation from the officer's perspective. Not good where illegal to own a lazer jammer. I was told both models will be available in a "couple of months".
Old 07-05-2003, 08:13 PM
msindi
Three Wheelin'

So the LE-35 is better right?? Also, can anyone confirm whether Lidatek will offer a rear diffuser??
Old 07-05-2003, 08:42 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts
This is great info, and seems, from the people on the board who have used it and posted in previous thread, to be a good product as well.

I would want to make sure that I would have enough time to slow down from whatever speed in time to go past the point of laser origination, but also be stealthy enough that if the originator wished to chase you down like a mad dog and ask why his toy topped working, that there would be no sigh of the jammer at all.

I have seen some installs, and it seems to be quite stealthy. Is there a precidence for having the vehicle impounded and searched? Has anyone heard of such a thing?

California is a place where these would probably be quite banned, but they are using radar and laser in MANY more places now-a-days.

Do we have a way to jam radar? Obviously the V1 is the first defense on such a thing, but it almost seems to be not spoken about in the same volume as the Lidatek and same.
Old 07-06-2003, 12:47 PM
washington951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
msindi - i'm aware that lidatek offers a 1 or 2 transponder option, but i'm wondering what you guys are running - i guess 2 is better than one as overkill is just about enough, right?!
Old 07-06-2003, 12:53 PM
sporters78
Instructor

brain,
i used to run with 2 transponder on my m5, no tickets so i guess it works. got one in my girlfriends lexas.though.....
Old 07-06-2003, 01:05 PM
msindi
Three Wheelin'

Most Tt owners run 2 and hide them in the square grill areas...
Old 07-06-2003, 01:13 PM
Zippy
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have 2 transponders in front. FWIW, I was told the new transponders for the "LE-30" & ""LE-35" will be a little wider than the LE-20. This may account for the better detection/recieving capabilities.
Old 10-18-2003, 10:24 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went to Lidatek site and there shopping e-com is down what does their devices run price wise?
Old 10-19-2003, 12:45 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by BrendanCampion
...California is a place where these would probably be quite banned, but they are using radar and laser in MANY more places now-a-days.

Do we have a way to jam radar? Obviously the V1 is the first defense on such a thing, but it almost seems to be not spoken about in the same volume as the Lidatek and same.
My understanding is that laser jammers are now illegal in Calif...can anyone confirm?!?

WRT radar jammers, unfortunately they are illegal and are considered a federal (?) offense (regulated by the FCC as you are considered broadcasting without a license). Also, most of the ones you see advertised are junk.
Old 10-19-2003, 05:00 AM
boqueron
Pro

Default What about BEL?

We were just discussing this topic with another Rennlist mate( Carlos). I have read what I believe is an old comparison of different jammers. Here it is:

http://www.radartest.com/article.asp?articleID=8502.
Seems to be an old review. They appoint BEL as the best jammer.

I read that some of you using two front transponders: Is this to increase the chance of intercepting the Laser beam ?

Anybody knows if the lasers used by the police in the United States are the same than the ones used in Europe and in Spain ??:
Old 10-19-2003, 06:02 AM
boqueron
Pro

Is there any difference between a "transponder" and a "diffuser"?. I read in your posts that lidatek is going to have a rear "diffuser" and it seems that most users are using two "transponders" in the front. Can you install a "transponder" in the front an the other in the back?

Quick Reply: lazer jammers -lidatek or blinder?