Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EVO Intercooler Kits

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 03:11 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Puff , Puff , ...........pass , what is your "World's fastest GT2" top speed on the Dottinger Hohe ?
Old 08-15-2006, 03:24 AM
RennTechV12
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red9
"Worlds Fastest" reads the headlines. That's a big claim -- a bit like the "Worlds Series" that creates the "World Champion" in baseball.Only problem is that true world test at the Olympics is not won by the perenial winners of the "World Series".
A foolish claim based on a very narrow knowledge. Your same "logic" says that if a faster time comes up (acceptable to you) that it would prove the I/Coolers inadequate and inferior.Such bland conclusions does nothing to enlighten anybody.You seek to discredit other real world data in a dismissive way- presumably without trying it-- then it gets better-- "other tuners advocates" as if this eliminates all "others" from having an opinion,or worse still,not being able to question.From all appearances Evo do a great job for their customers and have had a lot of experience with these cars but what the problem with actually presenting real world data is as a comparison is interesting.I am at a loss to understand how so much discussion can be had on this topic without actual data.Surely someone has measured the temperature going in and coming out??
I'm not eliminating anyone one from having an opinion. I would like to see some accurate numbers, that's all. I had my Passport G-Timer on during my 10.81 run, and it said that I ran 10.44@134.8, maybe I should have posted that time instead.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:26 AM
RennTechV12
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pole position
Puff , Puff , ...........pass , what is your "World's fastest GT2" top speed on the Dottinger Hohe ?
So I guess because the twin turbo viper that did 258mph didn't run there, that means it's not the world's fastest street car either
Old 08-15-2006, 04:12 AM
Red9
Racer

Do you have access to a AX22 to get a number? Would be interesting to see how it fits.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:57 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by RennTechV12
I have the world's fastest GT2 sitting in my garage. The car went 10.81 @ 129mph, in 95f, At 1250ft altitude. My car is an EVOMS GT700 with the new intercoolers. Is that proof enough that they work. My car trapped at 133mph in 119f. I have heard many claims from other tuners' advocates about their GT2s but have seen no substantial data. If you have conclusive proof (calibrated timing systems, not AX22, which can be manipulated)that a GT2 has performed faster than mine, please post the proof. Thanks have a great day!!!
Seems like you are the perfect customer for these intercoolers

World's fastest GT2 - where is the winky thing

Gemballa's GT2 with claimed 750hp was timed by Sport Auto 137mph in 10.8s
RS Tuning GT2 with engine dyno 542hp timed by Sport Auto 124mph in 10.7s

You have about 580hp - very commendable but doable on stock intercoolers.

The AX22 only becomes inaccurate when used in "to" "from" speeds mode - in "continuous timing" mode it is very transparent and accurate.

Unlike for example an air intake system where the only way to truly see whether it is making any more torque (and where on the curve) is to put it on a proper engine dyno rig with road airflow simulation, a simple independant back to back test measuring post intercooler temperature is all that is needed to test these intercoolers - is that so difficult

Last edited by TB993tt; 08-15-2006 at 05:28 AM.

Quick Reply: EVO Intercooler Kits