Sponsored by:

car broke, I give up

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 02:20 PM
loliver
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post car broke, I give up

For those who have followed my saga and gave advice, this is the next chapter. I got my car back after another 2 weeks in the shop. This time all fuel pumps, parts, etc. where replaced. Again Porsche said this will fix it. The car died in the center lane of a 6 lane highway, 3 each way, while in 50 mph traffic. The car is waiting to be brought back to the dealer. I wont drive it again. I am waiting to hear what Porsche proposes before actually starting lemon law proceedings. For the record, I have had the car since 1/20/03. It has 4 trips and 30-40 days at the shop. 2800 miles, over 1000 of them by the tech people. Everything electronic has been replaced along with the fuel system. This is my 3rd Porsche and I have a Turbo cayenne ordered for a May build. I am hoping that Porsche will make this right. Should I expect something for the after market mods, paint,springs, etc.?
Old 04-14-2003, 03:34 PM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
hopefully they'll get you a new car. You should get your aftermarket things back too, or converted to the next car if you replace it.

Also, raced a turbo cayenne out here in LA this weekend on the freeway, quick SOB's man and looks to match!@
Old 04-14-2003, 05:48 PM
caneaddict
Racer

I can't believe you let it get this far. I would have already forced Porsche to replace the car or started lemon law proceedings.
Old 04-14-2003, 07:40 PM
George 911-V8
Pro

Location: The Swamp Lands of Louisiana, The Deep Dirty South 2 Miles From Pimp City
I am looking to buy a 996 with a blown motor. I have a turbo small block that I'm ready to install.

George
Old 04-15-2003, 09:09 AM
Cajun
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Loliver,

Because the improvements are yours, I don't think that the dealer/factory would have a problem with you taking your "bolt-on" mods back if you return the car to stock.

A buddy of mine had a similar experience many years ago with a New Vette that he modded shortly after purchase. He was told that as long as he returned the car to stock with all of the stock parts, he was entitled to his improvements. I would think that the same would apply here. Think about it, you give up the car with all of your mods...some mechanic/engineer/or other Porsche worker will take note of the improvements and when returning the car to stock, conveniently put those parts "to the side" for themselves and *vwwwwwaaaallllaaaa* Free mods for them!

You've been through enough. If they send the car back to Porsche, be sure to get all of your mods back.
Old 04-15-2003, 10:37 AM
996TwinT
Intermediate

My friend had a Plymouth Prowler that was a lemon. He had aftermarket exhaust and several other aftermarket mods. According to Florida lemon law you get reimbursed for aftermarket items. Of course Chrysler bought the car back before it went to arbitration. Porsche would do the same I'm sure.

Quick Reply: car broke, I give up