Sponsored by:

Kids and GT3 seats?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 11:36 PM
Paul V S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Kids and GT3 seats?

Would a booster seat fit in the GT3 seat? Is the airbag disable bar compatible with the GT3 seat? Yes, they fit in the back, but they like the front with the airbag disable function on.
Old 04-09-2003, 12:55 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts
paul they fit in gt3.
i assume you're using the factory childseat. You have the dealer switch the airbag software and plug in the bar as usual. been doing this 8 porsches now.

too bad porsche doesn't have the automatic airbag off that mercedes has: drop in the seat and the bag is off and shown on a console light- much easier, no trip to dealer. same childseat except it says mercedes on the side
Old 04-09-2003, 02:13 PM
Paul V S
Advanced

Watt- thanks for the info. Will the GT3 seats make it uncomfortable/impossible for rear seat usage for the kids? Is the upper seat so wide that it obstructs their view? Since they don't fold, back seat is accessed by moving the seat up-how far does it move up? Enough to allow entry to the rear seats?
Old 04-09-2003, 03:39 PM
Paul S.
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 52 Posts
I can "squeeze" into the back seat, but it's tight. Visualize getting into a 996 with stock seats without folding the back up. There's a little more space with the GT3 seat since the seat back is not as thick.

Kids should have no problem getting in the back, with the GT3 seats. I don't know if the view will be any different, as I'm not sure what a kid would see around the stock seat. And since the GT3 seat is wider only at the top, where I don't think a short person would be able to look around the stock seat, I cannot see where that would be a difference.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:32 PM
Paul V S
Advanced

Thanks Paul. So you're why I couldn't reg that name!
Old 04-09-2003, 07:35 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts
I've never tried to put children in the back, no seats there in a gt2, or gt3...
but it's almost impossible to get anything back there w/ 2 gt3 seats, my labradors can't fit thru the gap. try driver's only and then you can access the back by folding the passenger seat back.
another alternative is recaro pole positions which have slightly smaller shoulder wings

Quick Reply: Kids and GT3 seats?