Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pagani Zonda/Saleen S7

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 01:49 PM
Joe Castellanos
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe Clubracer_06 (Orischrono) can look into buying one of these cars since he sold his company for $200M. Just a thought, but why even bother with $100k cars when you're worth $200M? Im not worth 1/2 that and I dont need to have dilemas when it comes to buying a car.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:07 PM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Joe Castellanos:
<strong>Maybe Clubracer_06 (Orischrono) can look into buying one of these cars since he sold his company for $200M. Just a thought, but why even bother with $100k cars when you're worth $200M? Im not worth 1/2 that and I dont need to have dilemas when it comes to buying a car.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Wow, you are childish.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:10 PM
caneaddict
Racer

Come on Joe, get off it.
This entire topic isn't necessarily related to Porcshe but many of us chimed in to support your new ways of actual talking about cars. Please continue discussing cars and don't turn this whole thread into a shot at anyone!

None of us here have any interest in your issues with Oris, Clubracer or anyone else for that matter.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:43 PM
John Murray
Racer

Hi Guys, great car choices. I just sold my 996 and will be searching for another summer fun car. I love the F1, the S7 and the Zonda. The Spiker is really cool as well. To be honest, and I know I will get flamed for this, but I cant stand the look of the Enzo. I think Ferrari wrecked their new supercar. I would pick an F40 or F50 over the Enzo 7 days a week. I know the Enzo is better performance, but lets face it, when we are talking this caliber of vehicle the small differences in numbers on paper are almost meaningless. To me at least. I think my decision would be based on the appearance of the car, not just the numbers on the paper. What I like best. Of course, this pertains to the cars we are already talking about. I really like the look of the 1996 Viper GTS coupe blue with white stripes, but I would never buy one.

I enjoy talking about these cars, lets keep it going. And lets keep it nice...
Old 06-17-2003, 03:26 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
The Enzo, from my readings, seems to be above all the rest in terms of sheer prowess. Its also 650k or so. Sure, its not all swoopy like a 360 (VERY attractive car IMHO), but its a tool at that level. An actual owner let C/D drive his in the test they did. He already went t hough one set of pads (something like 12k?) and some other wear item. He had to interview to get the car.

With all this talking about these cars, I guess I will have to interject if (when?) I could afford a 650k car, I am not sure I would be so happy about WAITING 3 yrs for it. I mean, sure, I have two 928s, and will have other Porsches as well, but when I found the S4, I left work that midmorning, and was in Dallas in the late afternoon picking it up to drive home. If I had to wait I would have killed somebody.

Some of you seem to have "ordered" your vehicles. What do you say?
Old 06-17-2003, 03:34 PM
OrisChrono
Instructor

Joe,

I have nothing to do with ClubRacer_06. I won't need to create or hide behind another screename to respond to you. I just don't care to get into any further issues about private life.

You can have the last word.

As far as the cars go I would pick the Pagani. The F1, Enzo, Pagani, and Saleen are all fine cars, but are also too quick for the street. Unless you plan to track them I don't think you can explore their true potentials.

If you were to use it as a daily driver or Sunday car, the Pagani seems a good choice:

1). Mercedes Engine is probably more suited
for street type driving. (I don't know from
first hand experience, but hey...it's a MB).

2). From the pictures I've seen, the Pagani's
interior seems more luxurious and
comfortable than the others.

3). Since it's an MB engine, perhaps your local
MB dealer can help with engine issues should
they arise?

Just my $0.02.
Old 06-17-2003, 03:44 PM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
what are the chances of getting the Pagni, or the Speyker legalized for use on USA streets other then the show and display clause?
Old 06-17-2003, 03:45 PM
Joe Castellanos
Advanced

Thanks for being the bigger man. I guess that counts for something when you have nothing else to offer.

I doubt my local MB dealer will know what to do with this car. As much expertise that a ford dealer will have on the S7 or the Nissan dealer on the Skyline is about what I can expect from my local MB dealer. I'd rather ship the car back to Italy and get the piece of mind that the people working on the cars are the ones who built it rather than the local guys that droll whilst underneath my hood. Thanks for your optimism though.
Old 06-17-2003, 03:46 PM
caneaddict
Racer

Personally, I wouldn't even consider the Saleen. Something about it (American?) feels cheap. If money was not a factor, my choices would be in this order:
1. Enzo (looks, performance, mystique, looks, looks, it's a freaking Enzo!!!)
2. Veyron (performance, luxury, looks)
3. C-GT (open top, luxury, looks, performance)
4. Mclaren F1 (the great one, older tech keeps it low on the list)
5. Pagani Zonda roadster (looks, performance, mainly seems like a track car, did I mention looks, open top)

Not too enamored by some of the other cars. Mercedes SLR currently wouldn't be on my list, maybe when more tests are done. Right now it doesn't impress me too much. CJV's Porsche would definately make it into my list on looks and performance (probably #6) once the second engine is done. The only reason I left it off is depreciation. Mods don't give much back on resale (fine for Chad since he's not selling, but a detriment to me if I were to invest an equal amount).
Old 06-17-2003, 03:51 PM
OrisChrono
Instructor

soon2be993TT,

I don't know for sure, but I've also heard something about certain cars (not qualified for US streets) being brought into the states as "show cars".

Not sure what that entails as far as legality goes. I guess if you want it bad enough you can always find a way.

Curious, but wasn't the 959 also "banned" from US streets? Someone here brought one into the US right? I also saw one on Ebay at Champions:

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2419128271&category=10156" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2419128271&category=10156 </a>
Old 06-17-2003, 03:55 PM
Joe Castellanos
Advanced

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">You just gave me a new idea.
Old 06-17-2003, 03:56 PM
OrisChrono
Instructor

Cane,

Interesting to note, Niello Porsche has 4 Carrera GTs that seem to be all open:

<a href="http://porsche.niello.com/inventory" target="_blank">http://porsche.niello.com/inventory</a>

I didn't catch the C-GT as an option, must have overlooked it. I think now I would rather the C-GT over the Pagani, for those aforementioned issues about service, reliability, luxury and power.
Old 06-17-2003, 04:13 PM
Frank Sinatra
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oris, its a removable hard top. Like a targa. When you put the top on, it looks just like a coupe.
Old 06-17-2003, 04:22 PM
Frank Sinatra
Racer

Brendan, you mentioned above that you drive an S4. Sweet car isnt it. I have a 1.8t, no were near the performance of an S4, but still fun none the less. Here is a good forum on Audis, AUDIZINE.com, Im on there with the same screen name. Check it out if you get a chance. Later, and may many days of good driving lay ahead of you.
Old 06-17-2003, 04:23 PM
Frank Sinatra
Racer

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Joe Castellanos:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">You just gave me a new idea.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Veyron is also 1.1mil. I dont know if thats a factor or not. I just thought you would like to know.

Quick Reply: Pagani Zonda/Saleen S7