HRE refinishing!! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 09:36 PM
msindi
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post HRE refinishing!! HELP

Hi,
I was detailing my car for a concours on SUnday and whil washing one of my wheels, it accidentally fell on the ground face first where there were some small stones!!! It was a front wheel so three of the spokes now have little chips.
I wanted to know where is the best place to send these for refinsihing. I know HRE in California does them but I wanted to know if anyone ever did them anywhere else (closer to Boston, MA). I have my inners in standard silver finish.
Please let me know ASAP as I will most probably be sending them out the last week of June while my suspension is being put on.
thanx,
Old 06-12-2003, 11:23 PM
Ray M
Intermediate

Definitely try Rim Pro in Tewksbury. They have done great work on my 850Ci's M Parallels, and from what I've heard have experience with HREs.

<a href="http://www.RimPro.com" target="_blank">www.RimPro.com</a>
Old 06-13-2003, 12:32 PM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
I've seen some of Rim Pro's work on factory forged Porsche wheels and they did a damn fine job.
Another option is Rim & Wheel works in Newton. <a href="http://www.rimandwheelworks.com" target="_blank">Rim & Wheel Works Newton MA</a>
Old 06-13-2003, 01:45 PM
Ray M
Intermediate

I've unfortunately had a bad experience with Rim & Wheel Works. I thought I'd take a wheel there to be straigtened and save myself the trip up to Rim Pro.....bad idea! They put a weld on my wheel that must have increased the overall weight by 20%....and it was still bend after all that!
Old 06-13-2003, 02:11 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
With regards to the concours (NER event at the MOT?), after washing/drying the wheels, I would apply a spray on liquid wax. That way, if you drive to the concours, it will be easier to wipe down your wheels and remove any brake dust from the drive.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-13-2003, 02:19 PM
msindi
Three Wheelin'

ITs not that concours - I have anew startup magazine that wants pics of my car for their premier issue...
I will probably end up shippin the wheel out to CA eventually as I doubt that Rim Por can match HRE paint. besdies, it looks like removing and re-installing the inners on the HRES are a major pain in the a..
Old 01-19-2005, 09:21 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

HELP,

I have a set of HRE rims that I sent to RIMPRO in Carson, CA and I haven't been able to contact them. The phone number has been disconnected.... Any help would be great....

-Eli
Old 01-19-2005, 09:34 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mansour,
Are you back in the states now?
Old 01-20-2005, 08:41 AM
msindi
Three Wheelin'

not yet Stephen Have a good job here so probably will not return for another 18 months (for my MBA)
Quick Q Dr. - is there any GIAC program for the Gallardo (it is an Audi after all )
Old 01-20-2005, 10:50 AM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by eli at P
I have a set of HRE rims that I sent to RIMPRO in Carson, CA and I haven't been able to contact them. The phone number has been disconnected.... Any help would be great....i
Try calling their head office - see rimpro.com If you don't learn anything from them, I'd go to the police.

good luck
Old 01-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

I sent an E-mail to their main office and received a reply this morning from the President/Founder Tom Merrifield who informed me that this office was sold to LA Wheel PRO....

I'm going to take a drive there and see if I can get things right!

-Eli

Quick Reply: HRE refinishing!! HELP