Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock to 1.1 Bar within 10 minutes !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 10:52 PM
shane.emc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Stock to 1.1 Bar within 10 minutes !!!

I just got back from Hergesheimer located in Lake Forest, Ca. They gave me a free trial of the revo technik ECU software.They didn't need to pull the ECU or even look at. They just picked up a laptop walked to my car and installed via the factory OBD2 diagnostic port. When the 5-hour trial period expires, the software reverts itself back to the factory level of performance. No further visits to the dealer are necessary. I spent all day trying to find a good ECU or chip to use. It was a toss up between Revo, GIAC, and protomotive. I chose the revo because of the fact that the ECU doesn't need to be pulled out of my car or touched in anyway and of course the free trial was a huge plus. I was unable to give the car a full test due to traffic but it was a very noticable difference. I did have a small patch of road that I was able to step on the gas all the way and reached 1.0 bar with the A/C on and 82 degrees outside. Once the traffic dies down I am going to give it another test tonight.

I just got my car yesterday and already I'm trying to make it faster .

My Car:
2002 Black 996 Turbo with Tip transmission. My car is totally stock performance wise other than the revo software. I love this car after this thread I think I will go to the store to get a gumball or tic tac

Group buy anyone !!!
While I was at Hergesheimer I asked about a group discount for some of the rennlist forum members and they said yes. I hate to pay full price and I would also like to help out my new favorite forum. I told them I would see if anybody was interested and then let them know. The discount is really really good I will let them give those details or if they email them to me I will post them. Since they don't actually touch the ECU the software would have to be loaded at there facility in Lake Forest, Ca.

If you are interested in the group buy reply the thread I created called "Group Buy for Revo ECU (Southern Cal. Only)"

Last edited by shane.emc; 05-26-2006 at 01:40 AM.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:40 AM
shane.emc
Advanced

Well I reached 1.1 bar during my drive just now with the girlfriend in the car. I still have not been able to give the car a true test but 1.1 bar seems pretty good so far.

Can somebody tell me what bar level they are getting with the ECU they are using or with the mods they got?
Old 05-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Woodster
Drifting

I do not know of this software, and its conveniance factor sounds cool,
but to compare this to Todd's (Protomotive), and GIAC I think is a stretch.
And obviously (I am sure you are aware of this) the boost is a small part of the
equation. Torque Under the Curve Baby !!!!

Good luck, I hope this works great!

MK
Old 05-26-2006, 12:46 PM
shane.emc
Advanced

Originally Posted by Woodster
I do not know of this software, and its conveniance factor sounds cool,
but to compare this to Todd's (Protomotive), and GIAC I think is a stretch.
And obviously (I am sure you are aware of this) the boost is a small part of the
equation. Torque Under the Curve Baby !!!!

Good luck, I hope this works great!

MK
The only thing I can measure is the bar while driving. I do feel a big torque improvement but I have no way to measure that without going to do a dyno. I am not saying they offer the highest HP or TQ but the customer service, free trial, and location is what sold me.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:00 PM
Divi996TT
Track Day

German Tuners ????!!!!!! A lot of satisfied customers all over Europe.
Please post more comments about your experience with this upgrade. Been waiting for someone with a 996tt to have it.
Thanks

WOODSTER-- " Why is it a strecht?? Just for my own information. Trying to decide which tuner to use, thanks.

Divi

Last edited by Divi996TT; 05-26-2006 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:24 PM
Red rooster
Three Wheelin'

Divi,
I believe the guys behind Revo are from the USA !!
I had an Audi done this way in Europe and then found that my dealer could see what was done even when I set the software to standard !
Not good to see Copyright Revo on a dealer diagnostic screen .
The next problem was that Audi could not do a service update DME re-flash because the Revo stuff doesnt allow it !!.

Just be very careful if warranty etc is important !!

All the best

Geoff
Old 05-26-2006, 02:46 PM
Divi996TT
Track Day

Thanks for the info. Excellent forum !!!!!

Divi
Old 05-26-2006, 02:58 PM
shane.emc
Advanced

Originally Posted by Red rooster
Divi,
I believe the guys behind Revo are from the USA !!
I had an Audi done this way in Europe and then found that my dealer could see what was done even when I set the software to standard !
Not good to see Copyright Revo on a dealer diagnostic screen .
The next problem was that Audi could not do a service update DME re-flash because the Revo stuff doesnt allow it !!.

Just be very careful if warranty etc is important !!

All the best

Geoff
I talked to the guys at Hergesheimer and this is not the case with their products. That may have been the case on another older product but with these. They told me there is no way for the dealer to know you have a tune with there equipment. They said that copyright notice does NOT appear. Even if they did decide to check the ECU for any physical changes they would not see a single scratch since the software is loaded via the diagnostics port. Since warranty is important to me I will not be using any tune that requires the ECU to be removed or modified.

As far as the tune goes it's awesome. The torque is way higher and the bar reaches 1.1 to 1.0 consistantly. This is with all stock parts and air filter only mod is the software. If I can find a nice open road I will give it a better test.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Red rooster
Three Wheelin'

Shane,
I did some research on this subject when it was going on. There are no physical changes to the DME . It is being programmed up the OBD so why should there be ?
As I understand it the program method used to enable map switching isnt happy with the factory system .The factory method is shut down , so a dealer cannot reflash the DME !
I have been told that in Europe a Porsche PST2 tester will find the software change which is always there .
I guess that we will all know for sure when your car needs diagnostic work !!

All the best

Geoff
Old 05-26-2006, 03:30 PM
shane.emc
Advanced

Originally Posted by Red rooster
Shane,
I did some research on this subject when it was going on. There are no physical changes to the DME . It is being programmed up the OBD so why should there be ?
As I understand it the program method used to enable map switching isnt happy with the factory system .The factory method is shut down , so a dealer cannot reflash the DME !
I have been told that in Europe a Porsche PST2 tester will find the software change which is always there .
I guess that we will all know for sure when your car needs diagnostic work !!

All the best

Geoff
If or when it needs diagnostic work I have the choice of removing the software.

Thanks for the info.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:35 PM
Stage3GTI
8th Gear

Revo software allows the dealership to reflash. Some other companies that used to use reburned EEPROMS on encryption boards would stop a dealership reflash. I don't know if the giac system allows itself to be reflashed or not, but the Revo will allow it. There is no hardware to interfere.
As far as the PST goes, there are ways to avoid detection. Revo is not detected by the PST.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Red rooster
Three Wheelin'

Guys,
What you are saying doesnt tie in with my experience. I guess time will tell.

All the best

Geoff
Old 05-27-2006, 05:14 AM
qirex
Racer

higher boost does not equal a better tune.

and yes, any obdII port flash can/will be overwritten by the dealer and their obd scan/pst.

The answer is a reputable dme upgrade.

but hey...if its cheap go for it right???
Old 05-27-2006, 09:24 AM
BuddyG
Burning Brakes

Received 240 Likes on 118 Posts

GIAC/EVO can be flashed now and you don't have to pull the ECU
Old 05-27-2006, 01:10 PM
shane.emc
Advanced

The reason I state the boost level is for people that want to know. That is the only thing I can measure without getting a dyno done. The TQ is greatly improved and the Tip transmission feels much more responsive. I am not saying this product will produce the highest TQ, HP, or boost. It's not the least or most expensive option on the market. The only reason I am trying to get a group buy is to help out other people on this forum.

If you are worried about the software being seen by the dealer then have Hergesheimer remove it before you go to the dealer. If you believe the dealer can and will overwrite the code then go to Hergesheimer and have them put it back on.

Quick Reply: Stock to 1.1 Bar within 10 minutes !!!