Sponsored by:

Jealousy

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 12:33 AM
PaleAle
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LazySumday
I am in the Bay Area. I drive a 16yo 996 Turbo. It’s nothing special to a lot of people. I personally don’t experience much jealousy. That being said, I only really have friends in my profession now for the most part; none are jealous.
I also live in the Bay Area and have found zero jealousy over my 996TT. In fact, I usually get the "It's 17 years old? No way!.". However, when I decided to add an '06 Cayenne S for my wife I started to get the "2 Porsche Family" bull****. This "2 Porsche" combined purchase value was actually cost less than my '12 Yukon that I purchased new, with a GM discount. People are clueless.

What I find interesting is that Bay Area traffic generally gives me more room in the TT. The only other car that get's that treatment is my lifted '95 Wrangler.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:57 AM
pancing
Drifting

Received 247 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by PaleAle
I also live in the Bay Area and have found zero jealousy over my 996TT. In fact, I usually get the "It's 17 years old? No way!.". However, when I decided to add an '06 Cayenne S for my wife I started to get the "2 Porsche Family" bull****. This "2 Porsche" combined purchase value was actually cost less than my '12 Yukon that I purchased new, with a GM discount. People are clueless.

What I find interesting is that Bay Area traffic generally gives me more room in the TT. The only other car that get's that treatment is my lifted '95 Wrangler.
how many cars have bounced off of your wrangler?
I've had 2 cars completely wreck their front ends on my tj.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:41 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 609 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by pancing
how many cars have bounced off of your wrangler?
I've had 2 cars completely wreck their front ends on my tj.
When I was 18 I had a brand new Wrangler. One day was driving down the road and saw two girls in miniskirts walking past. I was checking them out when I rear ended an old man in a Honda Accord. He got out of his car and came out to look at the damage, his rear bumper was probably pushed in about 3 inches. He looked at the bumper and said he didn't think there was any damage and not to worry about it. Mean while the two girls had stopped at the corner and were laughing at me. Didn't leave a mark on my Wrangler but didn't help my ego.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:44 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by pirahna
When I was 18 I had a brand new Wrangler. One day was driving down the road and saw two girls in miniskirts walking past. I was checking them out when I rear ended an old man in a Honda Accord.
I wonder how many people here have run into the back of another vehicle while checking out ladies on the the sidewalk? I've done it once.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:25 PM
pancing
Drifting

Received 247 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock
I wonder how many people here have run into the back of another vehicle while checking out ladies on the the sidewalk? I've done it once.
I cant say ive ever come close to rear ending anyone but when i lived in oklahoma i did smack into the back of a lifted king ranch with my wrangler because i was staring at a lady walking out of my old gym

I destroyed my driver side tail light and scuffed his bumper.

The embarassment was walking back into the gym and trying to find out whos truck it was. He was cool about it didnt really care much about the scuff and was on my way.

I wish i liked trucks because the inside of those king ranches are more luxurious than any benz ive seen.
And the leather.... My lord... Beautiful.

From then on when i drive i only focus on driving.

Quick Reply: Jealousy