Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jealousy

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 10:22 PM
928 DesMoines
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

What is really cool about this thread is that DOC commented here way back in 2006. It’s like a Time Machine back to his younger self!!

Much respect to you sir and I’m glad you are still posting here!

Just awesome man.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:23 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by 928 DesMoines
What is really cool about this thread is that DOC commented here way back in 2006. It’s like a Time Machine back to his younger self!!

Much respect to you sir and I’m glad you are still posting here!

Just awesome man.
Thank you sir.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:32 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,034 Likes on 3,067 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock
Do you think the guy who tossed the liquid on the car might have wanted to get an "education", thinking that a civil suit against the "deep pockets" high-end car owner might prove lucrative? Something like "Officer, I lost control of my cup of coffee accidentally spilling it on the nice car, and the next thing I know I've been clobbered and I'm lying on the sidewalk."
Yes, I did.

Doesn't that amount to assault in the states? Or vandalism? And this is before you even get into the fact that the driver has it on tape....

Culpability falls to the guy who threw the coffee; he intended to do it, and made no effort to apologize for his actions. He could try and Sue, but it is unlikely he would get far.

And I love it how 'education' is translated into violence ...

Sometimes, when people behave badly, and they see a 6 foot 4 280lb guy hop out of a car in response, their attitudes change dramatically....
Old 08-28-2019, 10:37 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
Doesn't that amount to assault in the states? Or vandalism?
Have to prove that it was intentional.

Sometimes, when people behave badly, and they see a 6 foot 4 280lb guy hop out of a car in response, their attitudes change dramatically....
That all depends here in the United States.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:39 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Have to prove that it was intentional.

That all depends here in the United States.
That's a good point, Canadian ****** are unlikely to be packing heat....
Old 08-28-2019, 10:41 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

That's a good point, Canadian ****** are unlikely to be packing heat....
Glad you got my drift.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:39 AM
LazySumday
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Capt. Obvious
I feed off of the jealousy of the proletariat when they see me cruising around town in my 18 year old sports coupe. I chuckle amusingly to myself when I see their feet adorned with lowly Nikes and Adidas, as I step out of my 100k-mile car with my bespoke whale foreskin leather wingtips and check the time on my Vacheron Constantin (white gold of course; stainless is for the poors).

So what if I'm parked in a Handicap spot? The piece of paper the parking officer (blue collar job, ha!) left under the wiper doesn't mean I'm in the wrong, it just means it costs $120 to park there. Later on, I'll drive home as if I own the road, slowing down slightly as I pass each person in their simpleton cars--with lame modern amenities like fuel efficiency and a smooth ride--to allow them to look me over and be impressed by my greatness as I cruise along in my super car powered by 20+ year old technology.

Are they jealous of me and my seemingly endless supply of money and prestige? Perhaps. Am I bothered by it? No.
I feel the same way...haha. Thanks for the laugh!
Old 08-29-2019, 01:03 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Glad you got my drift.
I was thinking about this a little more last night; the guy packing heat would never behave in such a disrespectful manner, as he would be cognizant of the fact that the person he was being disrespectful to may be packing heat too...

I have found that with my American friends, that have conceal/carry permits, are all pretty down to earth.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:22 PM
adamo
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 29 Posts

I did consider getting out and giving the pedestrian an 'education'- but to what end? I'm 6ft, about 225 pounds, a firearms instructor and former boxer, but if I were to lay a finger on the guy, I get charged with assault- irrespective of the fact that he threw coffee on my car. It's just not worth the hassle, aggravation, potential legal fees, etc.

Someone commented about Canadians being less likely to be packing heat- that is correct for law abiding citizens. While we don't have the same rates of shooting as some of the larger US cities, the GTA is becoming a ****hole quickly. Lots of gang shootings and violence, and shockingly, no legal firearms owers involved in these shootings.

I'd love to carpet bomb the entire city, and make it a giant parking lot with shuttle service to Montreal.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:26 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by adamo
I did consider getting out and giving the pedestrian an 'education'- but to what end? I'm 6ft, about 225 pounds, a firearms instructor and former boxer, but if I were to lay a finger on the guy, I get charged with assault- irrespective of the fact that he threw coffee on my car. It's just not worth the hassle, aggravation, potential legal fees, etc.

Someone commented about Canadians being less likely to be packing heat- that is correct for law abiding citizens. While we don't have the same rates of shooting as some of the larger US cities, the GTA is becoming a ****hole quickly. Lots of gang shootings and violence, and shockingly, no legal firearms owers involved in these shootings.

I'd love to carpet bomb the entire city, and make it a giant parking lot with shuttle service to Montreal.
Yeah, that was me.... and you have absolutely hit the nail on the head with respect to the GTA; AND, it's getting worse. I can see your predicament with respect to your training - yes, that probably would not go over well, however, the tape doesn't lie... and you could always plead temporary insanity because someone assaulted your baby...

I like your thoughts on parking lots, very grand indeed.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:33 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I was thinking about this a little more last night; the guy packing heat would never behave in such a disrespectful manner, as he would be cognizant of the fact that the person he was being disrespectful to may be packing heat too...
So it's worth your life betting on that assumption?

IMO it's not worth confronting anyone in a physical manner over something that has no threat of hurting me or damaging my property.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:35 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I agree with you that it is not worth the risk; I was just thinking about it a little deeper, as this is what Rennlist does to me - makes me challenge my own beliefs and commentary...
Old 08-29-2019, 02:10 PM
pancing
Drifting

Received 247 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by adamo

Glad he didnt catch you on a bad day.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:14 PM
Mtrboatvr6
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Should have said " Thanks! I was just heading to get some coffee anyway!" in a very friendly tone, gave him a wave, and a friendly horn toot. Would have thrown him off so much LOL!

In all seriousness. Its really discusting how people treat other people today. His actions were completely uncalled for. I hope Karma hits that dude hard for being a insufferable human being.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:16 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

+1

Quick Reply: Jealousy