Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats my chances with the M5 vs 996 TT ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 09:23 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 775 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by Gabriel6th
Well, even CF is considered "plastic". Would you like to be in a CF car? A Carrera GT for example
Do you think there are different qualities between "plastic" and "carbon fiber reinforced plastic"?

The other key is *how you shape* the "plastic"...even if the Vette were made entirely out of CF, it would still look like a Vette and would still be made by GM. No thanks.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:45 PM
Gabriel6th
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock
Do you think there are different qualities between "plastic" and "carbon fiber reinforced plastic"?

The other key is *how you shape* the "plastic"...even if the Vette were made entirely out of CF, it would still look like a Vette and would still be made by GM. No thanks.
I am with you on this one, don't get me wrong. What I wanted to say is that it is not the fact that it is made of "plastic" that makes me not want one.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:04 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 775 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by Gabriel6th
I am with you on this one, don't get me wrong. What I wanted to say is that it is not the fact that it is made of "plastic" that makes me not want one.
And being made of plastic *is* one of the reasons (among many others) why I don't want one.

Quick Reply: Whats my chances with the M5 vs 996 TT ?