Old 02-17-2006 | 11:11 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Silicone paste. That is the trick.
Old 02-18-2006 | 01:45 AM
Zippy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Kevin / Stephen - is this an upgrade applicable to the GT700 turbos?
Old 02-18-2006 | 02:30 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

No.. The reason is that you already have stiffer wastegates spring in your kit..
Old 02-18-2006 | 09:41 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Stephen, I used some WD40 thoroughly coating the rubber seal (which usually does the trick as I have installed these hoses numerous times), some engine oil, and then even some teflon oil. Nothing would help on the upper hoses. The bottom ones slid in like butter.
Old 02-18-2006 | 11:29 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

I don't like penetrants on rubber at all. It will cause them to swell in little time. The paste is far safer which is whey I also use it in all my engine builds with O'rings. You can also use Master Cylinder assembly lube. It is along the same line just liquid. It is used to rebuild Masters.

The uppers are simple. Shove and twist. They will lock right in. The Y pipes simply push, take a stubby standard screw driver and push the back clip flush. Then check the front. Normally only one will be the pain (the one in behind).

I can install a hose in in less than 45 minutes with this method. The other quick point is push the clamp in a bit on the intercooler side to clear the opening in the car. Otherwise it will hang up.

This is not a 3 hour job.

Mike; No need to. You have a 14.7 psi springs as it sits..
Old 02-18-2006 | 12:18 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

That is how they nomally go Stephen, but these would not. I was able to get one side in, fully seated in the intercooler with extra pressure being applied to the metal lip of the intercooler hose, and they would not seat the spring clip. You could look through the spring clip slot, and fully see tab stick up too high. At the same time you could see that the tube base was fully seated on the intercooler. Now since the plastic is not going to compress, and the aluminum is not, the only thing to do is file down the tabs. Todd even said this is what should be done. Very strange. Never had an issue before. As you said, push in, twist a tad and no issue. That is what the bottoms did. Just like normal. This is what all the other tubes I have installed have done. Even on the y-pipe with these upper hoses, I needed to file the tab as when fully seated, the the tab was in the way for the spring clip to seat and hold properly.
Old 02-18-2006 | 12:21 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

If this was an early set they were a tad thicker on the tab then intended. The fix was a couple of swipes with a file and all was well. They were eventually corrected.

Quick Reply: New Wastegate springs