Sponsored by:

9ff Exhaust Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 10:47 PM
Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 9ff Exhaust Dyno

For some time I have been trying to get a decent amount of information from 9ff to ascertain if my desire to have a PSE type (switchable) exhaust could be reasonably met. As many of you know, 9ff and Kreis-sieg are the only two companies doing this. Kreis-sieg is very expensive ($9k) and it is whispered among those in the know that it loses power even in the open position (as seen in a recent post on another forum).

The 9ff guys have now posted some good videos (the sound itself is very good, but it seems there is less difference between open and closed than I would have thought before), and have sent me a dyno.

"The base run was done in 65 deg weather 56% humidity, the modded pulls it was 77 deg and 12%."

and

"there is NO RESONANCE in the OPEN position.
Of course, in the closed position there is no resonance."

The dyno shows not only an impressive max gain, but the whole curve is above the stock figure, which I had only seen Fabspeed loud do previously. The exhaust and free flow filter are the additions (10 hp for the filter?).

The green line is the strange one, shows an aftermarket ecu upgrade was done.......but gets very little gain over the exhaust/filter, odd.

So my question, how does this look to you guys?
Old 02-13-2006, 02:44 AM
RT7
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The sound of 9ff exhaust is incredible and there's a big difference in sound between closed and open valve. As always video clip does not justify it, you gotta hear it in person.

Quick Reply: 9ff Exhaust Dyno