Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSI dyno part deux

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Garey Cooper
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now to the Porsche MD ,I have ( will) never made (make) any deragatory remarks about your abilities or credentials and you give good info to novices but man, are you ever getting tired of blowing your own horn 24/7 ? Does the word understatement exist for you ? Some of your post sound like Weisach calls you daily for advice.

Pole Position: you should perhaps take your own advice. For pretentious and self-important dialogue I would say you have very little room to criticize one of the more consistent contributors to this board. who are you?

Who are you? I don't know and while I will read anyone's comments with an open mind when they veer to the personal I quickly lose interest. The gentleman you slur has been kind enough to post detailed information on a variety of subjects including an engine tear-down and rebuild plus as unbiased an exhaust survey as I think could be done. He is certainly in business and I think he certainly would rather have more customers than less of course. Most of us are adult enough to recognize this and neither need nor solicit your opinion about it. Who are you?

So you've been to Europe and driven the autobahn? Or the Nurburgring? Or, the local round-about somewhere in Essex? Who are you?

Are you a........NOVICE?

Who ever you are (and few care except perhaps yourself) you definately do not have the credibility and "time in grade" that the Doc has. Keep the personal attack to your own no doubt very small circle of friends, we don't need it here.

PHD; please do not let a couple of negative comments affect your contribution to the board. It is much appreciated. As it is said; "it's like throwing spit wads at a battleship"!
Old 01-03-2006, 12:14 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Oak
the doc tooting his own horn? rockin robin toot, toot..... never. though I do see alot of "I's".

LOL, it is the DAMN MAF right oak
Old 01-03-2006, 01:57 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Message boards and forums can give the wrong impression about people... I know Stephen first-hand and back when we were younger (well ok it wasn't that long ago) he really did come out for nothing and spend the weekend on his back on my cold garage floor and along WITH Kevin (three times the poor fella) and my wife we entered a car for fun into that shoot out. They got nothing out of it. Not a dime. Not a cent and if they ever got a single sale out of it then I'm non-the-wiser. They are the reason other enthusiasts like myself did get into this... You can't argue with the fact that Stephen drives the 996TT and makes it his life/work as well. He's not sitting on the fence but certainly living, tuning, inventing, tweaking with it... whilst putting 60k on it. Just like Kevin, who last time I checked has too many Porsches to count. You don't have to agree with 50% of what they say but they are speaking from experience instead of heresay.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:57 AM
Red9
Racer

If this question has been asked before please redirect me. What RWHP numbers have the 996 Turbo in standard, unmolested form achieved ( with the presumption that the same methodolgy was used ) on all the relevent dynoes to this dicussion ? Even engine dyno numbers and what was achieved on same dyno later in modified form. GT 2 numbers would also be interesting.
Irealize that the how long is a piece of string arguement still applies but it would be interesting to hear .
Old 01-03-2006, 06:01 AM
Kiko
Racer

i'm with Garey here...
Old 01-03-2006, 11:40 AM
K24madness
Banned
Rennlist Member

Damn I wish I got ahold of this thread sooner. The mustang dyno is one of the better ones out there. The one in question a streetwerk has approx 14 second pull time in 4th gear. Both Shiv and Steven have valid views why it should be fixed or percentage losses. One thing I can say is after spending an entire day on a MAHA is that the losses are a moving target. They change with tire temps, oil temps ETC.

Shiv,

Sorry we never came to terms on your XEDE. I managed a 502hp and 504tq on that same dyno at streetwerks. This was using GIAC software

Hope you do well in the "P" market. As you can see there is lots of competition.

Stephen,

Those in the know would not doubt your skills or products. You use the chassis dyno properly. For some reason there has been a witch hunt on dyno charts lately from across the pond.

Tom

Quick Reply: PSI dyno part deux