Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK GOING WITH UPSOLUTE!! ANY REAL CONCERNS??

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 11:01 AM
bert smith
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom, I echo everyone else's statements. For the money, Upsolute is a good option, and I expect you will be very happy with the increased performance. I still prefer the GIAC, but understand the bang for the buck appeal of the Upsolute. Best of luck to ya. Call me when you get a sec.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:04 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Alex, Kevin, Stephen....Its guys like you who are knowledgeable, honest, enthusiasts that have been able to turn a passion into a profession. I (we) all admire and appreciate you all for taking the time to share your knowledge with all of us....for... well the good of other enthusiasts with the same passion. I hope your passion keeps you and your families well, you all deserve it!!!

thanks again for the advice

happy holidays

tom kerr
Old 12-08-2005, 11:31 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Tom. I am still an owner and always will be. The day this is no longer fun I will stop! Thanks for the kind words. Best wishes to you and yours!!
Old 12-09-2005, 02:40 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks Tom, I'm the same... Although my knowledge is very particular to the 996TT, I've got so much more to learn and am still interested in doing so. Today for example, we figured out why two 996TT 2001s were showing PSM/ABS lights- the stupid break light switch blew! So 2001 owners be warned... I'm always going to own the car to help understand it but to likewise enjoy it. It really is Kevin and Stephen's fault I'm doing this. Those buggers flew out to my house and got the car ready for a shoot out in a weekend (power stuff, brakes, suspension) on my garage floor (without any fancy lifts etc..) for NOTHING. They got pretty much ZERO press from it, although Stephen did get to wear a VERY expensive mult-thousand dollar Italian hat, I mean brake rotor on his head for his troubles. I believe that was the very first Brembo GTR kit (Kevin's idea) on the 996TT and the way Kevin was opening the box all excited was priceless...

Best wishes to yours! I haven't been this happy doing something for a good few years!
Old 12-09-2005, 03:16 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 339 Likes on 225 Posts

Thanks, Tom.. This is what it's all about. Seeing customers happy and excited and passionate about cars, turbo 911's..
Old 12-09-2005, 03:17 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin
Thanks, Tom.. This is what it's all about. Seeing customers happy and excited and passionate about cars, turbo 911's..
When are you coming out here so you can invent a nifty tranny cooler for the 996TT market. There's a lorra tips out here that would benefit from it! There's at least 6-7 GT640 Tip cars we've done and 1 GT700 tip car we're about to do:P Invent, invent, invent!
Old 12-09-2005, 10:51 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its done, has been done!! As always to go into production and the amount requested is the question. Somewhere is a picture of the kit. I have it on my old laptop. I can try to find it.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:04 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 339 Likes on 225 Posts

fax in the purchase order
Old 12-09-2005, 01:00 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks, you guys are great!

Happy holidays

tom kerr

Quick Reply: OK GOING WITH UPSOLUTE!! ANY REAL CONCERNS??