Sponsored by:

I need to find the rear restraint anchor points

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 09:15 PM
BigBagBen
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need to find the rear restraint anchor points

on my 02 TT. The manual says "Page 37" they are on the rear parcel shelf. As the 02 model has the Bose bass box, it is different from what the manual says.

I have called two dealers and both of them cannot tell me where these anchor points are...which is stupid if you ask me. Even PET does not show it.

I tried prying back one of the carpet pieces on the rear shelf, the one closer to the front of the car and snapped one as it is solid plastic with carpet on it so it is not meant to be bent in anyway..so I found out....Grrrrrr!

I cannot pry open the rear cutout as it seems to still be attached in a few places.

You may be wondering why I am looking for this, well in Canada I need to have the car inspected for both Federal and Provincial approval and it states " This vehicle requires an infant restraint kit"

Does anybody know where this is....my inpection is on Monday.

Cheers,

Ben
Old 04-21-2005, 09:34 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 775 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBagBen
... in Canada I need to have the car inspected for both Federal and Provincial approval and it states " This vehicle requires an infant restraint kit"
What is an "infant restraint kit"?
Old 04-21-2005, 09:45 PM
BigBagBen
Advanced

Dock,

On pretty much every car I have owned even on my BMW 540 there are anchor points on the rear parcel shelf that allow you to put a bolt and circular ring thingy that allows you to tether an child seat to it.......I am looking for the mounting point for this on the rear parcel shelf...see page 37 of your manual and you will see what I am talking about.

Cheers,

Ben
Old 04-21-2005, 09:58 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I have a "cut out" in the carpet directly behind each rear seatback, and behind the Bose speaker enclosure box. Have you pulled these up to see what's under them?
Old 04-21-2005, 10:27 PM
BigBagBen
Advanced

Yes, pulled the one up closet to the back seat and it snapped...broke the plastic and there was nothing behind it on the sheetmetal bulkhead...the other ones does not budge unless I break that one too.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Have you pulled the speaker box and looked behind it?
Old 04-21-2005, 11:20 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It is behind the top portion. There are indented slits in the top. Punch through them. I use them for my youngest.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:53 AM
BigBagBen
Advanced

Thank you Stephen, I just need to know that they are there, just for the inspection, I do not want to break anymore rear deck flaps just like the first one I did investigating for the anchors. I am sure that will satisfy the inspector.

Thanks again,

Ben

Quick Reply: I need to find the rear restraint anchor points