Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Kits Kill Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005 | 09:57 AM
GBG
Pro

Default HP Kits Kill Warranty?

Does installing one of these increase HP kits (EVO, ImagineAuto, etc.) kill the warranty? Just curious.
Old 03-04-2005 | 10:42 AM
Boston Duce
Advanced

Depends on your dealer, and the circumstances of the warranty claim.

I think your turn signals would be covered even if you had 700 RWHP.

If you are going to depend on the "language" in the PCNA warranty 'contract' for drive train coverage-NO way.

Regards,
BD
Old 03-04-2005 | 11:16 AM
1AS
Rennlist Member

I think you'd have a hard time with a "check engine" light. Clutch is always subject to denial regardless, but a transmission problem or even a brake problem would be an unhappy experience. Frankly, with the dollars involved for repair, I'd be concerned even with something like an alert for low oil pressure, or a failed guage. Theoretically, these revised programs shouldn't effect those mechanisms, but the climate is changing rapidly in regard to "compassion" for the owner.
My bet is that an aftermarket muffler would not raise eyebrows, but beyond that, you will have many years of uncertainty. AS
Old 03-04-2005 | 04:57 PM
RXDOC
Rennlist Member

It all depends on the dealer and the type of Warranty Work you are needing. I think a modified TT is a risk. But to me, it is an acceptable risk, these cars were made to Run with 500+ HP.
I am having a Clutch replaced at the dealer as we speak. It is going to cost me $4500. The dealer says it's due to increased HP/Torque and DE use. If my car was completely stock I would have fought Porsche NA over a clutch going out in 21000 miles!
Old 03-04-2005 | 11:47 PM
GBG
Pro

Thanks guys.
Old 03-05-2005 | 10:14 AM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I waited a couple of years before modifying my '02 Turbo, just to see if there were any bugs to shake out; there weren't any.

These engines don't bat an eye at 500 hp, so I felt confident doing the mods. I haven't had any issues at all with my car.
Old 03-05-2005 | 11:04 PM
omega
Racer

if you don't install a few mods to let the car run you might as well have a pinto (am I dateing my self ) really I would have sold my tt after the first week if I had not done some mods . n made a few changes and love the car now!!! this is my third turbo ,moded em all thank god and my tuner
Old 03-06-2005 | 01:58 AM
Moogle
Race Car

most likely, anything involved with the mods will likely be voided when it comes to warranty.

however, it DOES come down to the dealer.

one of the racing dealerships may be more flexible, if you strike an agreement with them, ie, you get X package , and they say they will cover related problems, make sure you get it in writing.

Quick Reply: HP Kits Kill Warranty?